B14's again or something different

Kev

T6 Pro
Had bilstein coilovers on the t5 and was really impressed, what are people going for on the t6? I'm thinking either the b14's or h&r coilovers... Anyone got them already and any pics?
Thanks

Bilstein said were brilliant, I honestly couldn't fault them, I had them for 12000 miles so a fair run in them and they were about 60mm down.

I think are go withe the full bilstein suspension with big rims as i can adjust the ride height to suit and it should help with the bigger rims.

good to hear you where happy with yours @Kev

Bilstein said were brilliant, I honestly couldn't fault them, I had them for 12000 miles so a fair run in them and they were about 60mm down.
It does seem that the billies have a large slice of the T5/T6 suspension upgrade route, in the UK, I don't know how the KW's compare to the Billies, best price v best price

It looks like KW's do (if you clink the link there is a table)
I have never tried billies or KW's but I would be surprised if the KW's aren't at least as good if not better. Only a hunch;)

It looks like KW's do (if you clink the link there is a table)
I have never tried billies or KW's but I would be surprised if the KW's aren't at least as good if not better. Only a hunch;)
Just looked at the link they do fit 4motion drop is between 20-45mm /b14 aren't they 20-70mm

I put 70k on cmc vmaxx coilovers (awful customer service). Ordered the cmc platinums and got the standard vmaxx coilovers.

The only thing that failed was a rear spring adjuster.

Gone with b14 & h&r roll bars on the new t6. £920 from a vagnostics group buy. I'll fit myself.

Got H&R springs on my 5.1, happy with them

But have B14s on my 6 and they are fantastic....

Cant beat Bilstein B14's, we fit more of these kits than just lowering springs now! Once you had Bilsteins, you'd never have anything else.

Reactions: Kev
I know, but couldn't resist. :):);) I've done you a vid bud but can't post it up. I need to work out how to link to it somewhere but no idea how to do it????

I know, but couldn't resist. :):);) I've done you a vid bud but can't post it up. I need to work out how to link to it somewhere but no idea how to do it????

cool ! post it on youtube then link on here, or email it to @Pauly, he will post it up im sure ?

It's easiest if you post on YouTube or Facebook and then embed the video here by clicked on the little double film icon when typing a post

So when it comes to the Bilsteins compatibility with the 4 motion, is it the Adaptive chassis control they don't like or the 4 motion itself?

So when it comes to the Bilsteins compatibility with the 4 motion, is it the Adaptive chassis control they don't like or the 4 motion itself?
Either and Both. There is no way you would ditch DCC/ACC (call it what you will) for coil overs, the DCC is way way superior. I don't think you can adjust the ride height by pre-compressing the spring on DCC, but you can with coil overs. The only down side to the DCC seems to be it sits slightly high at the rear when lightly loaded. The VW Gold GTI/R boys with DCC , whom there are millions(ish) of, seem happy to change to a lower spring height and the DCC shocker seems to be happy with that, without messing with the DCC shocker.
I guess it is only a matter of time before a T6 does it, but at present VW only offer it as an option on Vels and Calis, so there are very few about, and not much interest in the after parts market to offer one yet.

Back