B14's again or something different

Thanks Chris, so I have opted for a 4motion with no ACC. We go camping a lot so adjustable ride height is more important to me which is why the B14's are a perfect solution hence my question.

Thanks Chris, so I have opted for a 4motion with no ACC. We go camping a lot so adjustable ride height is more important to me which is why the B14's are a perfect solution hence my question.

You may to go for the KW's with 4motion, as B14 don't list for 4motion:)

Sorry I lie :) KW offer a Street Comfort option for the 4 motion for both the ACC and non ACC which has the limited height adjustment of 20 to 45mm. Where as the Street Performance range consisting of the V1, V2 and 3's will give you a much better range of 35 to 65mm and cater for ACC if you need it also. Looks like I'm in for some V1's :)

Cheers,
Ant.

Sorry I lie :) KW offer a Street Comfort option for the 4 motion for both the ACC and non ACC which has the limited height adjustment of 20 to 45mm. Where as the Street Performance range consisting of the V1, V2 and 3's will give you a much better range of 35 to 65mm and cater for ACC if you need it also. Looks like I'm in for some V1's :)

Cheers,
Ant.
Well Done, I didn't spot that. Please let us know how you get on. Have you got a link for them?
Don't fully understand the with DCC/ACC as it looks like the shocker is non DCC. Although it seems KW do an aftermarket DCC kit, WOW, I bet thats cheap(not);)

Last edited:
So just to clear this up.

We have been fitting Bilstein B14 to 4 motions for a a couple of years now, with no issues. You fit the standard T32 kit/T30 kit, which ever is relevant, as advised by Bilstein. Our current T6 4-Motion 180 DSG ABT Kombi has B14's - See thew pics in team grey. If anyone wants a price let me know - Im away from the office this week, back next, so can confirm then. Our lowering prices always included a full four wheel laser alignment, so you know its all true when finished.

Ref the ACC. Our T6 caravelle is DSg 4-Motion 204PS, with the ACC. We have lowered this with the VW lowering springs.

So just to clear this up.

We have been fitting Bilstein B14 to 4 motions for a a couple of years now, with no issues. You fit the standard T32 kit/T30 kit, which ever is relevant, as advised by Bilstein. Our current T6 4-Motion 180 DSG ABT Kombi has B14's - See thew pics in team grey. If anyone wants a price let me know - Im away from the office this week, back next, so can confirm then. Our lowering prices always included a full four wheel laser alignment, so you know its all true when finished.

Ref the ACC. Our T6 caravelle is DSg 4-Motion 204PS, with the ACC. We have lowered this with the VW lowering springs.
Plenty of people with 4 motion have checked before and told NO re Billies, so something must have changed or others where getting wrong advice, but good that this has now been updated.
I know everybody likes B14, and they are cheaper than KW's, but until somebody with a T5/T6 does a back to back we won't start to know, but the highly respected german tuners MTM offers both B14 and a couple of KW's options, the KW's are a few hundred euros more than B14's. The Golf boys often say that KW's are the best, and there tons of forum posts confirming that.

Maybe because 4motion suggests a need for off roading which lowering is pretty daft for?
unless you've got 500bhp and can't get the power down............. Anybody.............thought not:slow rofl:
We've got it for parking on very muddy fields, I guess someone living in mountain areas with snow and ice may want both:)

unless you've got 500bhp and can't get the power down............. Anybody.............thought not:slow rofl:
We've got it for parking on very muddy fields, I guess someone living in mountain areas with snow and ice may want both:)

Rural tracks, rutted roads, beaches, etc all need more clearance. And are your "very muddy fields" always flat? Why do you want to lower a 4motion van and what has 500bhp got to do with anything?

We needed all our clearance to get to this spot. It was an absolute belter of a position that no lowered van could have got to. And we often needed it on our last Cali too (which actually had less clearance);

Rural tracks, rutted roads, beaches, etc all need more clearance. And are your "very muddy fields" always flat? Why do you want to lower a 4motion van and what has 500bhp got to do with anything?

We needed all our clearance to get to this spot. It was an absolute belter of a position that no lowered van could have got to. And we often needed it on our last Cali too (which actually had less clearance);
Looks a lovely spot.
??????, if you had 500bhp you may well want a lowered van with 4 motion.................
I'm not looking to lower, but the rear is sat too high on mine (looks only), but I'm all a lot more lightly loaded than you (rear 3 seat bench removed) on the rear axel.
Had the T5 fwd stuck many times even with General Grabber AT, which do make a big difference. Never down to ground clearance, always down to lost traction, and my wheel ruts. Anyway those days are behind me now, fingers crossed.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Will do mate but it's going to take spell to be built and shipped over and around the pond ;)
Just noticed where you are:) About 12,000miles away:) You've got lots and lots of proper life endagering unmade roads over there:eek::eek:

Last edited:
Back