Awning Lights

Pete C

VIP Member
T6 Legend
One thing we are missing from our current setup are some decent awning lights. What we are looking for is something flexible that:

Can plug into the 12v outlet I have installed near the sliding door.
Can be attached to a full Vango awning or our sunshade.
Is bright enough to read by in the evening.
Can be switched to reduce the brightness if we just want it for decoration/general lighting purposes.

I assume that we need some sort of LED strip light or festoon light arrangement.

Anyone got any recommendations ?

Thanks,

Pete

I bought an out well Corvus 1200 from go outdoors for camping, rolls up small when not in use only things is it’s 240v but has a 5 meter lead.

Dunno why it loaded photo twice, that’s a dimmer switch on the left. It’s held on with snap clips and has Velcro straps to adjust length. Very much worth looking it

Do you have a picture of the mains plug for the Outwell light ?
It says it is 240v only, but the plug may be a transformer which takes it to 12v.

Pete

Do these type of light(or any in fact) attract insecsts at night that end up in the van?.

Do these type of light(or any in fact) attract insecsts at night that end up in the van?.
If you had seen me swatting files with my hat and pants on Friday night when I left my lights on and the door open at Arlingham you would have your answer:p

That's exactly what I was going to ask. I always have to make sure the van is sealed up before switching any lights on

Here you are, size of the storage bag and labels on back of dimmer switch and main plug. Main plug is a moulded on standard three pin uk socket

4208821C-F669-43A9-9D9E-F6CF18EB86F3.jpeg

ED9040CD-ED41-4FEC-884D-39059A642904.jpeg

AC84CA60-2DBE-4086-B6D1-308838A48FCF.jpeg

We got the Vango Sunbeam 450 lighting system. They’re mega, lots of connectors, switches, cables and Velcro ties to do whatever you please.

Also come with a remote that can use to dim/brighten and does have a few lighting modes such as strobing etc if you want to test your epilepsy.
If you register them with Vango you get 2 year warranty also.

You can either plug them into a 240v mains or 12v cigarette lighter.

would poss work if you wired a 12v plug on the end

I can not see any reason why it would not work. 12V DC coming out of mains power supply feeding the dimmer. Also, good voltage range on dimmer input of 9-15V so should not be any issues.

Thanks for the info folks - will have a good look over the weekend.

Pete

Fiamma lights for me I think.. need to see who's attending the show this wken. ;):whistle:

Back