Awning install cost

Budgie

I am looking for how much I should be paying for the install of my F45S to van, Reimo rail already fitted and I have the brackets, so it is just the cost of fitting

An hours work max. You could do it yourself. 4 rivnuts and a tube of sika

Last edited:
Was quoted 2 hours at total £204, yes I could do it myself but it would take longer and I am not confident enough to do in case I mess it up, I will get another quote from a few convertors this week, thanks for the response.

At 204 quid the distance driven (fuel) is probably going to have an impact on the overall cost.

Thanks for all the info received and after looking at a few other threads, and speaking again to the people that quoted £204. I will be using them.

Thanks for all the info received and after looking at a few other threads, and speaking again to the people that quoted £204. I will be using them.

did you get it fitted in the end Budgie ? Can I ask what height it added to the van when the F45S was fitted to the Reimo rail?

Yes i did get it fitted, bit of a story to it. On first opening the awning exploded into several pieces, Our supplier provided a replacement, several month ago now.
I had a few concerns as to whether the brackets had been lined up correctly. The rear one was not in line with the front, and my own thought was that this caused the explosion. I am now getting another convertor to bend the bracket in line, to hang the new one on. However, in answer to your question, i did manage to view how much height it added, i did not measure it, but it was not a lot higher, i have an SCA 192 pop top. photo shows out of line brackets and may give you an idea of the extra height. hope this helps.

P1030749.JPG

Yes i did get it fitted, bit of a story to it. On first opening the awning exploded into several pieces, Our supplier provided a replacement, several month ago now.
I had a few concerns as to whether the brackets had been lined up correctly. The rear one was not in line with the front, and my own thought was that this caused the explosion. I am now getting another convertor to bend the bracket in line, to hang the new one on. However, in answer to your question, i did manage to view how much height it added, i did not measure it, but it was not a lot higher, i have an SCA 192 pop top. photo shows out of line brackets and may give you an idea of the extra height. hope this helps.

View attachment 107684
Thanks for taking your time to answer Budgie.
Looks to me it to sit about an inch above there fore taking it over 2 meters, I’m concerned about the 2 meter height barriers in some car parks.
Good luck with getting it sorted.

I have just staffed the height to the top of the Ali bracket you can see in the photo and that height is 1990 /2000 m. so yes tight, i think the majority of barriers are in the 2.2 height. i always ask the wife to get out and check, even if it is a 2.5 haha, i never trust anything.

Back