Awning Gallery And Poll

Which Awning do you have

• Total voters
Anyone had any experience with Oztent RV2 or 3? Apparently they can be used with a connector (another accessory) that attaches to a conventional awning rail?
No, we haven't got one but know of someone who might be parting with their RV2.
The packed length could be a problem and it might not "look right" on some campsites, but we would welcome any opinions.

We had an oztent it was bril. You get a zip on piece that has the kador, I think they call it the caravan connector.

So, we've just come back from a rather wet weekend up in Burrs Country Park. The Olpro Loopo Breeze awning held up well for the first hour but by mid afternoon, the inside of the roof was entirely wet and a small pool had formed in the sewn in groundsheet. Looking up, I can see water was gathering on the outside of the roof before running off so I was surprised that so much rain soak through and formed on the underside.
The awning has served us well for the last year or so since we've bought it and it has withstood 40mph winds up in Yorkshire a few weeks back, but this was the first time we've really put it to the test so we are a little bit disappointed with how it performed in the rain.
Has anyone else experienced something similar with their awning? Or is that as good as it gets with awnings?

73b23eeb-1c1b-4f2e-821c-be01b3334bbf.JPG

So, we've just come back from a rather wet weekend up in Burrs Country Park. The Olpro Loopo Breeze awning held up well for the first hour but by mid afternoon, the inside of the roof was entirely wet and a small pool had formed in the sewn in groundsheet. Looking up, I can see water was gathering on the outside of the roof before running off so I was surprised that so much rain soak through and formed on the underside.
The awning has served us well for the last year or so since we've bought it and it has withstood 40mph winds up in Yorkshire a few weeks back, but this was the first time we've really put it to the test so we are a little bit disappointed with how it performed in the rain. Has anyone else experienced something similar with their awning? Or is that as good as it gets with awnings?

View attachment 89525
if its beading on the outside and wet on the inside its probably condensation we proved this point with my stepson we put our 5 year old tent up for him his wife and 2 kids a day before they came down that night it rained no leaks the night they came down still raining kids in inner tent bedroom adults slept in the living area no inner tent 5am it looked as if the tent was flooded they got the ump and went home we dried the tent out inside but left it up another night with it still raining NO occupants tent internally dry as a bone

Having upgraded from a bell tent to T6 campervan, we struggled to find a good drive away awning as we found them a bit flimsy (we had a poled one which took a battering in strong winds and damaged the poles) and plasticy compared to what we were used to. We ended up getting a DubPod Roamer instead as it was from the same company that we bought our bell tent from which had served us very well in the past. We can also use our wood burning stove with it too in the colder months. Not badly priced either for the size and quality vs other drive away awnings.
7B5FCE6F-11B7-47BE-A49D-B8A7C0AE100F.png

Hi, Thinking of getting the Magra, as like the idea of the shelter either end. How have you found it, did you get away in it last year?
sorry, meant to link it to Harveyt10 picture.

Last edited:
The awning has served us well for the last year or so since we've bought it and it has withstood 40mph winds up in Yorkshire a few weeks back, but this was the first time we've really put it to the test so we are a little bit disappointed with how it performed in the rain. Has anyone else experienced something similar with their awning? Or is that as good as it gets with awnings?

View attachment 89525
I’ve always camped before getting the van and always in cheap tents so I bought an olpro breeze poled tent as I don’t mind poles and it was cheap. In the 1.5 weeks we used it last year it has basically self destructed and is now unusable and unsellable. Some day I’ll learn the “buy cheap, buy twice” lesson!

have this to look forward to on Thursday. First trip out with my van and the Hexaway. Any tips on setting up?
It’s a bit like setting up a jelly,haha.
What I do is blow it up to about 80%, move it into rough position then stand inside and move the legs around until the floor straps all cross in the middle (you can’t do this if you have already clipped in the floor ground sheet).
Then move to join it to the van then move the legs yet again so the floor straps cross in the middle.
Job done, peg the legs to fix position, blow up to 90% (I never go to 100% so it has room to expand in the sun) and then do all the finishing touches, have a cold beer and congratulate yourself on a job well done.
Don’t even give a thought on how you are going to get it back into the bag.......
seriously tho’ it’s a great awning, we love ours.

What I do is blow it up to about 80%, move it into rough position then stand inside and move the legs around until the floor straps all cross in the middle (you can’t do this if you have already clipped in the floor ground sheet).
Then move to join it to the van then move the legs yet again so the floor straps cross in the middle.
Job done, peg the legs to fix position, blow up to 90% (I never go to 100% so it has room to expand in the sun) and then do all the finishing touches, have a cold beer and congratulate yourself on a job well done.
Don’t even give a thought on how you are going to get it back into the bag.......
Thanks!

When it arrived I put it up in the garden to have a look - haven’t hooked to the van but just ordered the clips.

managed to get back in the bag but no idea how!

will post pics of it up, or of me drinking a celebratory beer!

One question though. The clips on the pump look a little flimsy and I’ve got two little kids who like f***ing around with items. If they break can it still be pumped up ? Ever had an issue with them breaking?

5F3297E6-EDAA-49D0-9FC8-D11FBF9AC499.pngThese things

One question though. The clips on the pump look a little flimsy and I’ve got two little kids who like f***ing around with items. If they break can it still be pumped up ? Ever had an issue with them breaking?
We have two Vango inflatable awnings, one for over 4 years, never had a problem with the pump clips and they have had some serious stress when inflating in winds where the tubes kept falling over and pulling the pump out of my hands.

Hahah!!
Thanks, I did watch that before my first garden erection.
If only all pitches were as nice as level as that, in reality you will be trying to pitch on a plot which probably slopes in every direction possible, made even worse if you have used levellers on your van.
Top tip - do it on your own, don’t include family members - they are called ‘Divorce in a bag’ for a good reason!

If only all pitches were as nice as level as that, in reality you will be trying to pitch on a plot which probably slopes in every direction possible, made even worse if you have used levellers on your van.
Top tip - do it on your own, don’t include family members - they are called ‘Divorce in a bag’ for a good reason!

Best place for camping is Norfolk....Everything’s flat there ! :rofl:

Just ordered van levellers and the place I’m going is def not flat!

the missus knows to steer well clear when I’m setting up!

Back