Awning Gallery And Poll

Which Awning do you have

• Total voters
Vango Cruz
A great awning and plenty of space.
Thule Omnistor for when the sun shines and Europe travel.
fullsizeoutput_2144.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thule Omnistor (4900)
is also a factory option on the Westfalia. No name visible on the outside but I found a little plate on the inside last week.IMG_4935.JPG

Vango Kela IV low

We bought this direct from Vango at the Caravan and Motorhome show at the NEC last year

It was the previous year's model and we paid around £450
It came as a package with the carpet and footprint, a clip in bedroom pod and a drive away kit to fit our Fiamma F45s.

Being airbeam it's easy to pitch and has been a great awning for longer trips.
IMG_20190525_155720.jpg IMG_20190525_155741.jpg

Kampa Travel Pod Touring Air Classic VW
£700
Winfields, Attwolls
Carpet, Footprint, Vestible, additional canopy.

20190809_161859_resized.jpg

I will update the picture when it is on my T6 this year. Additional canopy not shown.

Outwell Milestone Shade Air
£800
Winfields, Attwolls, Leisure shop Direct
Carpet, footprint (Interior bedroom also available)
GetImage.ashx.jpg

I will update picture when I get it up again. Was too wet last week to take pictures.

Vango Sapera
I
think it was about £450 , had it for a good few years. Really like it.
DSC_0562_1.JPG

BAWDSEY INFLATABLE AWNING
FC296C20-2B3F-48F3-8B96-55F6DAA61D7F.jpeg

Last edited:
OLPRO COCOON
Currently selling for £319
Available direct from Olpro
4946E833-918B-4987-9603-587D1A40CAD5.jpeg
Poled awning with 4/5 bed 2 compartment inner tent, large porch and even larger living area. Good if you are not touring! Similar to the inflating Breeze model but with poles and half the price!

Ordered in January for our first season in the van and it arrived the day before we were supposed to go away in March but obviously that did happen so this photo is from the website.

S+S TARP AWNING

DSC07291_1512x.jpg

Last edited:
DEBUS POLYCOTTON SUN CANOPY
If you like the traditional look, feel and smell of tent canvas, the new Funky Leisure DEBUS POLYCOTTON SUN CANOPY / AWNING might appeal?
Just like the original coloured polyester ones but lovely poly cotton fabric. It is sort of a natural, putty colour! Should be nice and cool in the hot weather.
The extending poles have been redesigned so now have a different locking device.
Ours arrived today, yet to try it out but looking forward to as and when.:)
1596461328945.png
debus poly poles.jpg

Hi, the Cove low is probably the one I'm going for, maybe you could help. My set up looks like yours, pop top, Dometic wind out awning with what looks like a channel for
attaching a drive-away, is yours attached like that? Can water leak in behind the awning casing and if so do you have a fix for that? Any advice would be appreciated.

The little Vango Palm Airbeam offers doors on all sides, main one is full width and opposite the sliding van door, on the "front end" of the van there is both a small door into the attachment tunnel, and one into the main tent area. On the "back" is another door into the tunnel plus a window.
Usefully, the tunnel can be half zipped open so creating a storage space (or even somewhere for a Porta Potti to be stored/used if needs be).
We have just used the Palm for the first time and for our first weekend away this year and it withstood VERY strong winds and squally showers very well. Plenty of room for two comfortable chairs, table, cooking stuff etc
.palm door open adj.jpg
loo in palm small.jpg

Last edited:
Thule Omnistor
Not a California, but we've got a Thule Omnistor on our van, looking to get some side panels at some point, but happy enough just using a windbreak:
Awning.jpg

We hired a campervan last year, to see if it was for us and it had one of the slide on awnings, a reimo one I think:

IMG_1268.JPG

IMG_1270.JPG

Reactions: CAB
Olpro cocoon drive away awning
£409 (currently, Think I got it cheaper)
Olpro shop online

I bought this awning as it’s massive and has 2 separate sleeping areas for the kids. Tried it this weekend and overall pleased but there are a couple of things which I’m not so happy with:
1. The tunnel is really big, like it’s designed for a Motorhome. Checked and there is only one option and the images show it fitted to a SWB T5 but the rail to connect to the van is longer than the Reimo rail (about a 9-12” each end and so the sides only just align to the van. It is also able to be fitted higher and the adjustment doesn’t stop it flapping about (pegged it to stop it flapping)
2. The sleeping area is not 2 individual inner tents but one with a dividing wall and the wall is a piece of material fixed with poppers around the edges so my son and daughter were not pleased with the privacy. Considering this was the main reason to buy this awning it’s a bit annoying

On the positive side, it’s massive and it goes up easily and quickly even though it’s the poled version. In fact it was really easy even though it was the first time we had pitched it.

29CC1B6A-2408-4E87-9EBD-42940BB78642.jpeg4DD43AC7-D007-4015-973D-78C2C475C0E3.jpeg6EEC1914-F7A9-4A9E-852C-D0256DEC556E.jpegClose up of tunnel troubleC2AAFDBF-D678-42A4-8748-1A0BF46CB97E.jpeg

Vango vw magra sport
A very neat and compact fits nice and snug to the van , designied specifically for the transporter height , they also do the vango vw tolga sport which i think is slightly smaller .
i have a slidepod seatpod coming next week so like the idea of the porch area at the rear of the van so when cooking everything is nice and close , it has another entrance at the front of the van also.
just tried it in the garden for now when we get the pod we will venture out and see how it performs .

1595191321071.png
EC8C9907-ED8E-4614-A066-1793BFC9805A_1_105_c.jpeg

Back