Awkward trim….going to get a hammer soon….

Velma2

Finally sorted... and shiny new wheels too.....
VIP Member
Hi… bought the red vw badge and grill trims recently. Got the badge one fitted with only a little swearing….but the two outer silver ones are being a b@@@@@d to get off. I have a trim removal set… is there a trick to getting them off? I don’t want to break the grill itself!

4B670738-924B-40F3-ACC6-D6915C96EE00.jpeg

If you undo the the clips holding the top of the grille in place under the bonnet you might get some play to get your hand behind.

Failing that, it doesn’t take long to take the whole front end off and do it that way - a bit overkill but is pretty easy if you watch the THQ video first

Well pleased with this…. Motto of the story is….be brave, loosen the grill by removing the four plastic pins under the bonnet overhang on the grill, use a credit card that doesn’t matter if you knacker it up a bit! Slide credit card in between trim and the grill and then edge in trim removal tool,,, bit at a time and wiggle clips from rear of silver trim. Some break off but they were going in bin anyway.! There is some horrible plastic crunching sounds as you do it but as long as it’s the trim being removed and not the grill…that’s ok. Bottom ones came off with no bother at all….new ones clipped in as if they were OEM parts. Job done! Now…looking at the photo…She needs a good wash this weekend

Well pleased with this…. Motto of the story is….be brave, loosen the grill by removing the four plastic pins under the bonnet overhang on the grill, use a credit card that doesn’t matter if you knacker it up a bit! Slide credit card in between trim and the grill and then edge in trim removal tool,,, bit at a time and wiggle clips from rear of silver trim. Some break off but they were going in bin anyway.! There is some horrible plastic crunching sounds as you do it but as long as it’s the trim being removed and not the grill…that’s ok. Bottom ones came off with no bother at all….new ones clipped in as if they were OEM parts. Job done! Now…looking at the photo…She needs a good wash this weekend

Hi

Looks really good.

Can you tell me where you got these from. The ones I've seen are adhesive ones - if yours are clip in then in effect OEM finish so will look much better.

Thanks, Phil.

Yes, these clipped in nicely. The were from vanstyle.co.uk. Different ones fit different van front ends so here are the ones I ordered that match mine….in case yours is the same.

FADA6660-03DD-4B4C-817B-A6A9882C3C71.jpeg

Back