T6.1 Inner front wheel arches - How To without trimming lip

archersam

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I found a previous post that had an issue refitting and so had trimmed the edge that lips over the arch into a gap.

This is how I did it without trimming. Mine was done with the bumper off however that shouldn't make a difference.

Remove arch - numerous T25 screws and two M8 screw bolts, unclip grommet for brake pad sensors.

New arch liner part numbers:
S7LA809957F - OS
S7LA809958F - NS

Note the new models come with removeable panels for the fog lights which my 2020 Shuttle did not have (both sides have same part number).
IMG_5493.jpg

IMG_5495.jpg

If you inspect it as you are removing the old ones you can see exactly what is needed. There is a short space of about 8inches on the rear of the arch that has a gap/lip into which the plastic lip on the arch line slides.

On passenger side i slid it from back of van towards the front. It was a bit tricky however not too difficult and the trick is to hold it tightly whilst sliding and then quickly getting a screw in somewhere as the weight will have it fall out.

On drivers side I tried to do that but struggled i guess due to the dominance of my hands so I tried to bring it from the front towards the back and then quickly inserted a screw. This was a first time effort and I would probably try that first on passenger side if I had to do it again.

Lip on arch liner:
IMG_5504.jpg

Groove into which it needs to slide:
IMG_5502.jpg

Passenger side being slid in from the rear:
IMG_5501.jpg

Oh yeh before you refit give the bottom of the rear of the arch a good clean as was full of crud:

IMG_5490 (1).jpg

Refit all the screws and the M8 screwbolts.

The new arches have two holes in the rear inner side however only one "receiver" in the piece in the van. I had some spare matching screws so just screwed these into the liner so it looked "finished".

Back