Awkward it's an old T5 not a T6

Bav... bare with me I'll come back on this :rofl:

Ok new roamer looks like dis when box opened
52234253098_80b7fb43a7_o.jpg_S2I2452 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

which leads to this....fink the terminals look clever yet to see how they work.....all be it reversed from site info mind did ask.but to someone else installing it's a worthy note as space is so so tight and when one is grafting with thick cables that tight gets bigger................. not a gripe just worthy of note for the next guy:thumbsup:

52234518944_de6bc0801a_o.jpg_S2I2456 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

OOTB powerhouse looks like this

52234515764_5dc95527bb_o.jpg_S2I2465 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

the new handles look great work great in the big scheme but there's one facet over looked,one simply can't use them to lower 24Kg of batt into a T5 SB leastways not one where those side spaces have been utilized with other stuff as in mine.finking straps will be the get out of jail card here........Hmm digi cameras and what they show the scratch is not my doing and worries me not ,but it's there and ya'll will see it so a note .no more:)

52234720910_795156abe6_o.jpg_S2I2467 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

for ages I've been working around a wood mock up of the above batt.......sort of a "leap of faith" .I sort of needed an exact but kinda built loose scagged a few mm to make me install tighter especially on height...as the weeks go by one starts to doubt one's self.but I guess it was all there or there abouts

52234246188_d0942b4188_o.jpg_S2I2470 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

I'm kinda here now on drivers seat...see what I mean about the side handles.simply there is no room to lower with my gruddy mits.even with all that rubber protection on the sharp edges..this really might not apply to you T6 guys but for me no wiggle room.some straps will work around it bit as always for the next guy ..worthy of a ponder

52233247162_6a5323e9c8_o.jpg_S2I2476 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Oh a gnats more wood.....this bit holds the inverter I started with a complete floor template tightest of tight fits............and then paired it back an back........can access all seat base bolts on a vert plane but it's damn tight it works to pull all the neg wires up to neg bus an' shunt an only took a few cuts in the mat..it's all supported in fact both SB's are supported from existing holes.sure some made wider to accommodate riv nuts but hopefully structural integrity hasn't been compromised

52234724535_4af5e1ef0c_o.jpg_S2I2458 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

The blank ali plate holds the vic orion tr smart 12 12 30........heat and this gizmo have been haunting me for eons...in fact researching the orion's heat is why I'm posting here
so to the left of that is part of my final work around.we will see where that all goes..it's a preddy powerful fan...now run off a temp sensing relay which incidentally I finished install of this very day....... I've also hopefully installed a manual B2B cut off...which I have reasons for beyond the heat concerns of said B2B. this shebang is really a work in progress right now......sort of akin tto the whole build ethos really only now tis leccy not wood

52234234716_7b3ddb55de_o.jpg_S2I2481 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

take care out there guys,

stu

A diversion...........for years.years and years.........i've wanted a kelly kettle...........ok right now naked flame and our tinder dry fragile ecosystem is a no go.but yeah I like cooking on wood like being a fire starter........there's something special and primative about just using what nature gives us ..........what's lying about to cook on ........and lets face it the taste............that taste ......is worthy of a quest I strongly suspect kelly will be added to but for now have a look at this bundle

Hmmm somewhere in blighty down saff just over the Tamar boarder is a wood a tad under 40 years old......a few lads an' a stu knocked in 65K trees in a winter ha it was hard core guys I could share a tale..........I was the townie among the country boys that always lit the fire,that warmed the green 'azle forked stix holding the pasties...but I drunk tea from a thermos UGG

Ha the little things huh....... wanting a tool for how long and getting it and then knowing to stay ya hand .

It's a wonderful juxta isn't it, to the sophistication of lithium batteries B2B's temp sensing relays and wallas XC duo' s .................cube fuses solar panels Ohms law an blue tooth

a bit of stainless folded into a tube ............ a few twigs an a spark a " fire starter"....

the little things.the simple things

We over look them Jog .we get wrapped up in the complexity of our modern technical complicated lives and don't see the purity of joy in a sunset a ickle baby beastie with MASSIVE ears( many will not even know what a leveret is many more will never see one :( )......................the fact we have a full belly an a warm bed..........everso slowly we become more an more detached from mum nature and with it our minds suffer........our planet suffers..

Soz mate being a tad deep I'm much happier being a lunatic and having a crac taking the mick out of each other..................... trying to dig a smile from a serious face I guess is what I do in life it's gonna manifest it's self in a forum,but many won't get it.too much self....... too much ego

Jog for you bro a baby hare....a leveret.................I had this brief " not being a builder/grafter " page in my life ha I'd just told the scum robbing me job wise where to go...a good day

Not completely be chance found a kidlet and spent hours with her as she grew.hours an hours an hours with her actually and another kidlet. She was "Taz" he" Blaze"
This tiny brief period in my life, that is only work an' cobblers, is one I'll no doubt take to me grave as happy....sure I can do this without a bus,but when I finiish this build it will allow me more in's with more species than I can grasp right now and grab enough sleep..lmao sleep is needed

It's not the image bro it's not the hours on some sh*t building site to buy the camera an lens......it's that little thing.............. a baby ( ok sure slightly daft) little hare uttterly relaxed and probably gonna have a nap............ and havin ya jaw dropped by the simplicity of that.................. recognising that !!......the ickle things

33802639593_24da0526da_o.jpg_70F0998 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Bus stuff................................ got me cube fuse holder:cool: opened it, looked, smiled , wrapped it back up. Went back to pondering a +ve terminal that can dump 500 amps

softly softly;)

Oh Ps well ya know our bowl of water.................................,we have been here 30plus years never seen a hedge hog on front lawn......Shaz is watching one right now scoffing cherries I think ??? we have a tree................................ but it's also had a damn good drink :thumbsup:

It is only me isn't it..............

I have maybe just spent 4 hours trying to wire a one in 2 out 240V junction box..........my 2 into one ferrules for me 2.5 mm artic worked like a charm.....only I've half a hunch me ferrule crimping tool doesn't squash/crimp tight as a pro tool would.consequently they wouldn't fit into the connection holes after trying varying methods a hell of alot of squeezing got 'em in true and straight ..........me being me I also heat shrinked every joint........which I then had to cut off as these bound all the cables too tight to allow the 3 way connection strip to be pressed home..........LMAO I also didn't strip the blue outer off the artic far enough back....basically trying to be too cautious IE absolutley wanted the cable glands to tight down on the outer....so added more pairing back there............

Last night I went to a far off place called a town first port of call was to buy hodge heg some grub.........second port of call was to treat poppet to a KFC as she had been on her knees helping me be a moron with camper build..even though she's poorly..............................

KFC had a fire not burnt down fire ,but preddy hairy............... so that went south

Came home put some lovely grub out for snuffles......he basically told me to F off and left

this morning woke up to next door's terrier trying to eat hedgey hog/ snuffles....saved snuffles..made it a lovely new gaff lined it with leaves grasses popped hog in.10 mins later he F****d off

Put more lovely grub out for it tonight.bloody thing ignored that and went off chomping cherries or insects chomping cherries.who knows...ok maybe I do................ half a hunch it's fruit fly larvea terribly fattening.................... all be it very small

OK he drunk some of the water......... give me strength

Close of play after a weekend of going nowhere and obscene hours I've a wired junction box.................... being tiny I now know I can squeeze it behind me CBE 230V sockets in me control panel IE plinth so that's all good Me plinth is now bolted to wall in a removable way.......guess that's good too

Dad's chair....we'll come back to that.................................................... is also in place covering cables................................... Dad not so 'appy,but then drummers never are....they do all the work an are rarely paid then someone nicks their new posh chair for a cable hidey sometimes ya need to cut a guy some slack

IP 22 is mounted and it's plug an socket wired up cables cut no end of jiggery pockery to make descrete cable runs..........why do I do this to meself?

no time for piccies but they will follow

So to sum up don't get involved with beasties...... 18months plus in to a build pragmatism sets in maybe it's ok to spend hours wiring a junction box ?

Nah it is only me init :rofl:

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
It is only me isn't it..............

I have maybe just spent 4 hours trying to wire a one in 2 out 240V junction box..........my 2 into one ferrules for me 2.5 mm artic worked like a charm.....only I've half a hunch me ferrule crimping tool doesn't squash/crimp tight as a pro tool would.consequently they wouldn't fit into the connection holes after trying varying methods a hell of alot of squeezing got 'em in true and straight ..........me being me I also heat shrinked every joint........which I then had to cut off as these bound all the cables too tight to allow the 3 way connection strip to be pressed home..........LMAO I also didn't strip the blue outer off the artic far enough back....basically trying to be too cautious IE absolutley wanted the cable glands to tight down on the outer....so added more pairing back there............

Last night I went to a far off place called a town first port of call was to buy hodge heg some grub.........second port of call was to treat poppet to a KFC as she had been on her knees helping me be a moron with camper build..even though she's poorly..............................

KFC had a fire not burnt down fire ,but preddy hairy............... so that went south

Came home put some lovely grub out for snuffles......he basically told me to F off and left

this morning woke up to next door's terrier trying to eat hedgey hog/ snuffles....saved snuffles..made it a lovely new gaff lined it with leaves grasses popped hog in.10 mins later he F****d off

Put more lovely grub out for it tonight.bloody thing ignored that and went off chomping cherries or insects chomping cherries.who knows...ok maybe I do................ half a hunch it's fruit fly larvea terribly fattening.................... all be it very small

OK he drunk some of the water......... give me strength

Close of play after a weekend of going nowhere and obscene hours I've a wired junction box.................... being tiny I now know I can squeeze it behind me CBE 230V sockets in me control panel IE plinth so that's all good Me plinth is now bolted to wall in a removable way.......guess that's good too

Dad's chair....we'll come back to that.................................................... is also in place covering cables................................... Dad not so 'appy,but then drummers never are....they do all the work an are rarely paid then someone nicks their new posh chair for a cable hidey sometimes ya need to cut a guy some slack

IP 22 is mounted and it's plug an socket wired up cables cut no end of jiggery pockery to make descrete cable runs..........why do I do this to meself?

no time for piccies but they will follow

So to sum up don't get involved with beasties...... 18months plus in to a build pragmatism sets in maybe it's ok to spend hours wiring a junction box ?

Nah it is only me init :rofl:
Do it right once and you’ll never have to go back to it!

Reading your posts is like reading Roald Dahl and the Friendly Giant!

(Take that as a compliment!)

Do it right once and you’ll never have to go back to it!

Reading your posts is like reading Roald Dahl and the Friendly Giant!

(Take that as a compliment!)
We're all human beans :)

You lads are cool...ta for the replies it's nice coming home after a brutal day on site and seeing folks smiling and laughing at them selves.............it is a compliment Jog one I'm not worthy of... mind I think Cab is biggin' me up. Bav talking truth......

so maybe me standards aren't too high

soz brief lads got home read your posts then ran off to slowly grind into wiring until........................ victron threw me a curve ball : on a B2B they can put in a little H and L on a remote plug in green sockety thang

On a pheonix inverter nah not so much....they do give ya a clue though on the back of the inverter control.
It reads thus

" Polarity dependent for proper operation "

Ahh ok fine which pole is which on the pheonix then?

Half beans 1/4 baked beans an lesser folks IE me eventually get here..........

But wouldn't it just be simpler to actually put an H and an L on the ruddy gizmo?

:waving:

see it is only me init ;)

• Love
Ere @Bav ............................. erm about Dad...............see I had an issue there were all these cables in me bread bin

52265464676_0c4e9c2334_o.jpg_S2I2517 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

So being the upstanding rightous guy I am I cobbled sommit up out of someone else's rubbish to hide them.........Dad thought I made him a chair :(

52265465456_75a319bcd7_o.jpg_S2I2514 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Sometimes in life ya just have to own ya best just isn't good enough.mind I guess it's ok that ya tried and the result fulfills more than one purpose :thumbsup:

fortunately like all drummers Dad practises really 'ard and grafts like a good un......so I stole his chair back and stuffed it where it was meant to be

ha who don't love a bit of bonfire walnut an' a couple of scraps of birch ply most would have thrown out:D

52264497332_390f65b809_o.jpg_S2I2513 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Thanks dad ok he's quite a laid back gentle drummer compared to what his son was but he did teach me that wood shreading has more than one meaniing and also ya hang on to the shavings 'cause ya never quite know when they'll be needed

bless his cotton's:rofl:

HMMMM...................... I am actually very very close to connecting up a powerhouse of a battery that I ground out in 50P's a meter.. I seriously think all the wiring is now done....so if ya don't ever here from me again, ya'll will know I gave it a shot an a smile........................... if I do come back jeepers I might be closing on a camper van to go stealing souls of little beasties in................... all I gotta do is stick loads of bits 'o' wood together and some ovva stuff.........there's always ovva stuff isn't there;)

take care

stu

• Haha
Reactions: Bav
Ere @Bav ............................. erm about Dad...............see I had an issue there were all these cables in me bread bin

View attachment 167807_S2I2517 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

So being the upstanding rightous guy I am I cobbled sommit up out of someone else's rubbish to hide them.........Dad thought I made him a chair :(

View attachment 167808_S2I2514 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Sometimes in life ya just have to own ya best just isn't good enough.mind I guess it's ok that ya tried and the result fulfills more than one purpose :thumbsup:

fortunately like all drummers Dad practises really 'ard and grafts like a good un......so I stole his chair back and stuffed it where it was meant to be

ha who don't love a bit of bonfire walnut an' a couple of scraps of birch ply most would have thrown out:D

View attachment 167809_S2I2513 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Thanks dad ok he's quite a laid back gentle drummer compared to what his son was but he did teach me that wood shreading has more than one meaniing and also ya hang on to the shavings 'cause ya never quite know when they'll be needed

bless his cotton's:rofl:

HMMMM...................... I am actually very very close to connecting up a powerhouse of a battery that I ground out in 50P's a meter.. I seriously think all the wiring is now done....so if ya don't ever here from me again, ya'll will know I gave it a shot an a smile........................... if I do come back jeepers I might be closing on a camper van to go stealing souls of little beasties in................... all I gotta do is stick loads of bits 'o' wood together and some ovva stuff.........there's always ovva stuff isn't there;)

take care

stu
You take care too - hope your electrics don't blow up in your face (they won't if your wire skills are a tenth of your wood skills). :thumbsup:

Still here so far......phew :D

Petty much all good on the leccy. lads ...didn't get quite as far as I'd of liked damn my web speed is slow....we are abit out in the sticks so updates can taken an absolute age lots of failures and start overs..........but no hairy moments ............. some naivity sure,but a bit more ground work and maybe that can be sorted . I think the fan and temp sensing relay set up will work The B2B actually got cooler as the fan kicked in............ cut off switch works inverter works BMV works

Need a one in one out one way diode say 30A max any help?

Hmm this right here is a milestone in a little build.

Note to self it's ok to make a wooden battery and stuff loadsa gizmos around said wooden battery in blind faith an maybe it will just fit like a glove

Rock 'n' roll

52272539341_071982e4ea_o.jpg_S2I2521 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Bit of jiggery pockery to get it in but I'd done that a 1000 times with the mock up just needed to factor in the 20KGs.. . thing is I'd worked out all the angles tip the front in first black of wood to support the back just before fingers get trapped then rejig hands remove wood slide back

Get in

Man that right there is a happy feeling

take care out there guys

stu

Well done Stu - milestone achieved! Just count your fingers again to be sure!!!

Back