Awkward it's an old T5 not a T6

Ickle up date.camper conversion seems to be working.thought I'd show ya the finished interior.well for the mo nowt is ever finished,I'm waiting of Bb ply to come back into mortal priceland for a couple of under RIB drawers.but hey.

Thus is where we are ............. we have an altro floor but man it's cold........ so a story a true one:

I work in new build I seal houses they call me a mastic man I hate the term.anyways:

stu is sealing a door inside some flats an 2 massive lads I mean huge lads come strugglin' up the stairs fighting with a carpet, I drop tools get in middle or carpet an try me humbles to help..... whilst apologizing for being a wimp and of not much use.big lads are starting to giggle.we have a crac and get carpet to the top and they thank me,I ask for what :rofl:

Later they come back and find me.no one helps us dude....THANKYOU !!............. would you like this it's an offcut we are gonna skip it. ?

what they gave me is sort of a hard wearing ridged doormat type of carpet stuff,it is reasonable easy to clean and in the floor of me bus much warmer than the altro.

53255538683_f165b1dfb9_b.jpg_S2I9015 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Cool init.................. a little bit of kindness jees they were strugglin and it came back so my lady has carpet in her bus.
Lol note me cool bus slippers;)

A few words on the old lass IE me T5.she's 200,000 miles plus a 2.5L six speed 5pot and just pulled us 250miles or there abouts for £45.HOW?
With her smoky 235/55 CC2's she looks like this

53201723839_0de26a4791_b.jpg_S2I9023 shiny smj Tdn by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

A 2006 door shut ..look I'm bewildered here inside it's cleaner.had it to bits to replace the acctuators was gobsmacked.......ok speakers were literally falling to bits but by god VW made a body back then !!

53202079210_d3620b931e_b.jpg_S2I9030 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Oh a detail of poppet' coffee making set up.ha the easy go to one the lazy one.......a 1000W kettle that draws around 85 amps at 12V from the roamer batt. Yes I have the kelly kettle running off what ever sticks grasses you name it yes we have the wallas XC Duo but a house hold kettle off grid makes me giggle so that's ya piccy

53255737135_052c95d20b_b.jpg_S2I9018 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Oh a note the blue mugs "contigo"............off amazon they are called "streeterville " on a blackfriday deal right now are fabulous. We have 2 sets one for coffee keeps warm for ages and one pair for noodle or soup type dishes when we want something quick and easy to eat but to not have to rush when eating it for fear of it getting cold even in cold places......cracking mugs !!

Finally yup bus is being used for making piccies of ickle beasties exactly as intended

These are black grouses ............... grouses needs saying like gollem would:rofl:

53245588532_7b45e7fb78_b.jpg_S2I9869 KF fighting smj Tdn by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

ha and there's more:D

take care out there guys buy good tyres good mugs and a good battery.the rest is incidental:p

Bus slippers are definitely the thing to have! Duck Down for us!

Looking good Soundz.

Just ordered 2 of those mugs @Soundz nice one mate
At the price they are now I got another for work last night :D John really worth thinking on 2 sets, unless ya travel solo of course............... a mug o soup mug of char is a great winter warmer but one doesn't want to wash up in the middle.... and of course boil a kettle twice.......2 sets make life efficient and in tiny campers like the T series efficient means chilled and relaxed and that me olde mate is something we all need IE decent down time...

by the way I'm not affiliated to anyone,just like good products that work....... and don't cost the earth

Oh you are welcome buddy:thumbsup:

Bus slippers are definitely the thing to have! Duck Down for us!

Looking good Soundz.
Fink ours are thinsulate.idunno bud:D but yes they work it's like the mugs ( that keep stuff hot a while) little things ya don't maybe think of when designing a bus for camping but pick up along the way and just make life easy in a small space comfy and less cleaning in something tiny and easy to stash:thumbsup:

Reactions: CAB
Back