AutoeBid....what are your thoughts on buying through them?

Brad Hemsley

Hi all,

New to the forum and just wanted to say hi.

Im about to order my new T6.1 form Autoebid and just wanted to check if this is the best place to purchase from. I have not gone to a local VW yet to get a quote.
Im based in Brighton.

Vehicle Price  £30,678.88 including the Volkswagen deposit contribution.

Volkswagen Transporter T28SWB 2.0TDI 150 DPFR StopStart EU6 Highline Van 6Spd 

Options:
Paint - Pearl Effect - Deep Black : Deep Black - GBP 762.00
Upholstery - Bricks Cloth - Titanium Black - Black - GBP 0.00
Tailgate with Heated Rear Window - GBP 0.00
Tyre Pressure Indicator - GBP 90.00
Without Bulkhead - GBP 0.00
Carpet Flooring in Cab - GBP 114.00
Washer Fluid Level Indicator - GBP 54.00
Rear View Camera - GBP 294.00

Just a day van. I have two small children so was looking at the rock n roller beds on the tracks that move.
I did think about a Kombi but wanted the option for a bed for when i take them camping.

Is the price inclus of VAT

yes, that will be the VAT inclusive price that Autoebid has given him. I've been using their site to price up various vans and that looks about right.

Im about to order my new T6.1 form Autoebid and just wanted to check if this is the best place to purchase from. I have not gone to a local VW yet to get a quote.

Autoebid just put the tender out to a number of suppliers and then I believe give you the choice when they get the responses. Price wise i've not see any local dealers who can really come close. Infact, as soon as a dealer knows you are speaking to online brokers they tend to just cut all ties - I've never received the quotes from dealers or they just state they can't come close so won't bother.

Last edited:
I'd get a price from VWVC as well. The price I got from Guy Vincent at Preston was on par with Autoebid at just shy of 16% off RRP. Guy said he would offer this discount to anyone on the forum ( that was back in March ). Just mention my name " Lee".

I used Auto Ebid to buy my T6 3 years ago and they got me the best price from a VW dealer avoiding brokers such as Happy New Van. I got around 14% from memory. Easy process with good service

Have to agree. My t5.1 was soooo bad with reflectors. I retrofitted projectors into the light casing but made sure my next purchase had LEDs or projectors at minimum.

I ordered mine from Karen at Autoebid last week. Very easy, and great service. Shame it is a 20-24 week wait :-(

I ordered from Marriott VW Ipswich via Suffolk Campervans and got a good deal I think. I took off the metallic paint cost and went with the Ascot Grey and splashed on the LED lights for just over £1k. Same vehicle as yours but a T30. Captains swivel seats. Tailgate. Heated rear window. Rear camera. I spent £135 on the power latching and £135 on mudflaps. All weather tyres. With delivery fee and road license it came in at £32500. I ordered early September and we were promised delivery in early November. That’s been put back - due to the COVID... - and we’re now expecting it early December. I can see it being the New Year though... Then there’s the camper conversion...

If you have a long lead-time for a new van it might be worth picking one up second-hand in 12 months. You have virtually no chance of getting it converted anytime soon as all the decent converters are fully booked.

You might be spending 30k plus to have something sat on your drive.

I picked up my 1 year old Highline T28 van for just under 18k Plus Vat - A massive saving!

Message from dealer this morning. Mine is now due mid December instead of March. Don't know if I am happy or not about it. As @russ_e says, getting conversion work is going to be a pain.

If you have a long lead-time for a new van it might be worth picking one up second-hand in 12 months. You have virtually no chance of getting it converted anytime soon as all the decent converters are fully booked.

You might be spending 30k plus to have something sat on your drive.

I picked up my 1 year old Highline T28 van for just under 18k Plus Vat - A massive saving!
I was stood at the place who converted my van yesterday as had a service done, and had the water pump and belts changed. They had bookings right through until May next year, and told me if I wanted a new build it could be June or July before I saw it. All based on their covid experience.

I was stood at the place who converted my van yesterday as had a service done, and had the water pump and belts changed. They had bookings right through until May next year, and told me if I wanted a new build it could be June or July before I saw it. All based on their covid experience.

That's crazy! Alot of conversation companies are like that now, I think I'm pretty lucky to have found a local company who happened to have a three week slot in Feb! (I booked the conversion a month ago)

Back