AutoeBid....what are your thoughts on buying through them?

If your local dealer won't budge I'd go with Autoebid. They just put you in touch directly with a dealer who will give you 16%+ off.

I was in contact with them last summer and decided to go with a 3rd party as they had better discount. When that went wrong I got back in touch with Cardiff while gathering quotes and it was 16% straight off.
Doubt I’ll get that now. I’m shopping around but everyone seems around 10%

If your local dealer won't budge I'd go with Autoebid. They just put you in touch directly with a dealer who will give you 16%+ off.
I’m tempted to but I need to go with a dealer offering decent trade in. I’ve had difference of £6000 between dealers

I’ve just placed an order. Got a price from Autoebid - called a dealer, told them and they beat the price (by about £100)

Turned out a VW price increase had gone through without the dealers system updating, and the following day they tried to up the price by £800. After a few conversations, they agreed to honour their original quote. Ended up just over £7k less than list price on a T28 Highline with quite a few extras. Have to say i’m pretty happy (except with the expected delivery date)
No trade in, used VW Finance (they get a kickback that allows them to offset against the discount they provide)
Just shows how much mark up they actually have to place with. Dealer must still see it as easy money - all done over the phone and a few emails due to Covid.......

I’m tempted to but I need to go with a dealer offering decent trade in. I’ve had difference of £6000 between dealers
With used prices being what they are you’d be better selling privately and just getting the best purchase price you can via Autoebid or whoever give you the best deal. Trade in may be convenient, but a dealer is never going to give you the best price .

With used prices being what they are you’d be better selling privately and just getting the best purchase price you can via Autoebid or whoever give you the best deal. Trade in may be convenient, but a dealer is never going to give you the best price .

Agreed, go private sale. I just sold my Amarok. When shopping for kombi I was getting good prices for kombi but low px value for the truck off VW dealers. Thought I'd try my luck on auto-trader and sold it for 6k more than best dealer price and ironic thing is a VW dealer contacted me and ended up purchasing it. Just goes to show how much markup they actually make. The 2nd hand market for trucks and vans alike has spiraled in recent months so well worth a £50 punt on an advert

Reactions: Ozi
Agreed, go private sale. I just sold my Amarok. When shopping for kombi I was getting good prices for kombi but low px value for the truck off VW dealers. Thought I'd try my luck on auto-trader and sold it for 6k more than best dealer price and ironic thing is a VW dealer contacted me and ended up purchasing it. Just goes to show how much markup they actually make. The 2nd hand market for trucks and vans alike has spiraled in recent months so well worth a £50 punt on an advert

100% agree with this. You will get some time wasters but it’s a small price to pay for the increased cash in your pocket.

100% agree with this. You will get some time wasters but it’s a small price to pay for the increased cash in your pocket.
Do people spend over thirty grand on a private sale? Not sure I would feel comfortable doing it!
Timing is also important for me as the van is used as a work vehicle.

Yes they will if everything is in order, the mark up on dealers and savings going private can be a substantial gap. The sale privately of my Amarok has gone a long way to help me being able to modify my kombi by a long way more than I had initially planed

I’ve now placed an order through AutoEbid. Looks like I’ve got 14.5% discount plus another £2900 off because I’m purchasing on lease purchase (£1200 options, £1200 finance contribution, £500 loyalty bonus)

Use autoebid mate, They basically put you in touch with the cheapest VW dealer anyway. I also second the LED option which was suggested by InsertCoin.

Just signed an order via Autoebid for a LWB Highline 4Motion, with 12.2% discount.

The VW van dealerships are offering me 4.3%. I showed the sales guy the ebid quote, and he told me VW was telling the dealerships they can’t offer any more. He was disparaging about AutoeBid, and suggested nobody would deliver on their offer!

I admit I was sceptical, but so far I’m impressed. I guess we will find out in about 12 months.

I priced a van through autoEbid then contacted a few local dealers. One got a close as £100 more. So I got it from them, my thinking was if I needed work doing they might be more favourable, look after me if they had supplied the van.

I priced a van through autoEbid then contacted a few local dealers. One got a close as £100 more. So I got it from them, my thinking was if I needed work doing they might be more favourable, look after me if they had supplied the van.
The dealer does supply the van. They pay a commission to autoEbid to put business their way.

Back