AutoeBid....what are your thoughts on buying through them?

That's crazy! Alot of conversation companies are like that now, I think I'm pretty lucky to have found a local company who happened to have a three week slot in Feb! (I booked the conversion a month ago)
Glad you have found someone to do the work, hopefully both the weather and Covid will lift sufficiently as we move into spring to get yourself out and make the most of it.

Glad you have found someone to do the work, hopefully both the weather and Covid will lift sufficiently as we move into spring to get yourself out and make the most of it.

Sods law will be that next years "summer" will consist of rain, rain and more bloody rain! Especially as the lock down summer was such lovely weather.

We ordered our 6.1 with the converters back in July and then, the earliest build date was March next year. We went back to them a month later for something, and in conversation they told us it was going mad. They sold all of their May build slots in one day, so by now, they’re probably booked up all of 2021. Another example of how mad people were going after the first lockdown was when we sold our caravan to Don Amotts near derby. They told us they had sold 42 motor homes in one day back in June.

We ordered our 6.1 with the converters back in July and then, the earliest build date was March next year. We went back to them a month later for something, and in conversation they told us it was going mad. They sold all of their May build slots in one day, so by now, they’re probably booked up all of 2021. Another example of how mad people were going after the first lockdown was when we sold our caravan to Don Amotts near derby. They told us they had sold 42 motor homes in one day back in June.

The used Caravan and Motorhome market has gone crazy. My dealer called me the other day and asked if I wanted to sell my Motorhome and offered me £60k for it, baring in mind it's now 5 years old and i've done 30,000 miles since buying it new. That's a loss of £10k in 5 years, which I thought was fantastic value considering the holidays all over Europe I've had.

Sods law will be that next years "summer" will consist of rain, rain and more bloody rain! Especially as the lock down summer was such lovely weather.
You just know, it wouldn’t be the UK if we didn’t have the wettest coldest summer on record.

Wow - that doesn’t surprise me though. Big Blue Campers who hired me the first one, are doubling their fleet. And another hire company has seven on order with the Dub Hut while I was there.
Some hire companies even asked me if I wanted to hire mine out through them to keep up with demand. I’ve decided not too, I’d cry if it got wrecked.

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Just weighing up changing my work van situation, to a new T6.1.
I've only bought NEW direct from a dealer before the days of the internet so not exactly sure of the pros and cons, although the obvious one is the cost saving, and the fact you may not be able to trade your old van in as such. But is the cost saving really THAT much? Are there more 'AutoeBids 'out there or are they the main opposition to VWVC's? Is going down this route a 'PITA"?
Thank you for your thoughts and replies in advance.

Having had a bit of a mare with a lease company, I've gone with autoebid. I went with them as they gave the largest discount of ~16.6% on my highline kombi. The best discount I had off other dealers was 16%. Small margins but it's a few hundred quid difference. It does mean I need to travel to pick it up but it will be a nice day out.

I've found them very helpful.

Autoebid put you in touch with a dealer so you deal with VWVC directly anyway. Unless your local dealer can give you the same discont then it's definitely worth considering.

My Caravelle has been ordered through them, good discount and they keep regularly in touch, unlike the VWVC I ordered it from. Been waiting a long time for the velle but that is no reflection on autoebid or to be honest the VWCC either, just bad timing with all the changes and issues.

Bought mine through autoebid and was delivered to the door. Excellent service.

Having had a bit of a mare with a lease company, I've gone with autoebid. I went with them as they gave the largest discount of ~16.6% on my highline kombi. The best discount I had off other dealers was 16%. Small margins but it's a few hundred quid difference. It does mean I need to travel to pick it up but it will be a nice day out.

I've found them very helpful.
Which dealer offered you 16%? I can only get 10%.

I was in contact with them last summer and decided to go with a 3rd party as they had better discount. When that went wrong I got back in touch with Cardiff while gathering quotes and it was 16% straight off.

Back