Apple USB socket for App-Connect

It’s a straight forward coding option not an adaption channel
I don’t remember the exact byte but I went into module 5F (headunit) and scanned through the coding options and there’s an entry for usb setup, it gives you a drop down menu with 3 or 4 options and one of them is for Apple connectivity/compatibility so I selected that and saved the coding and it all worked

This sounds odd, but happy to say that the Grim Reaper sorted me right out.

VCDS > 5F > USB IPod > on. Hard reset on the radio and CarPlay now enabled.

Thanks for the input everyone.

OK, Well we got it working, changed the pink USB socket for the green USB socket, Recoded Module 5F, changed Byte 19 from USB_Full to USB_ipod, restarted the head unit with a long power button push, changed the input to carplay and connected the iphone, all is good.

This is my socket.
Looks like I need to get the new one for apple car play.
Is this the correct part number, 5Q0035726E?
Any idea how much they are?
Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 12.27.34.png

Yes, you only need the actual USB plug part, which is that part number. I have a couple of spares here. Can ship you one for a few quid?

IMG_9495.jpg

Sorry I forgot to add: mine arrived too, so @MineMapper is your man for these plugs.
I had the radio remotely unlocked for App Connect but the unlock doesn’t change the 5F-B19 setting, so I’m awaiting someone with VCDS to bail me out.

I'm having the same issue on my 2018 T6, I have bought a secondhand 'composition' head unit which is in and seems to be fully functional. I knew I'd need a different USB so bought the one with the green connector (off eBay not VW). My issue is the cable from behind the dash.

My USB is dash mounted with no aux in. The old plug is black with a bit of pinky purple colour, but it has an additional two pin connector on top, 90 degrees to the left of the large keyway, and a slightly different small keyway layout that prevents it plugging in to the green socket on my new USB.

With the old black connector USB fitted, my iPhone charges and bluetooth streaming music goes off when I plug it in, I have shaved the additional thin keyway off to allow me to plug the black with purple/pink cable into the green socket and it engages fully home, but I get no power/charging and the head unit doesn't recognise my iPhone is there.

Has anybody else had the two additional pins setup, or do they know what they are?

Thanks in advance for any assistance for a newbie!

The purple wires are + and - 5v from the headunit. USB power

Back