Anyone running Kormoran tyres?

ahappychappie

T6 Guru
Hi,

Currently have Kumho Ecsta PS71 tyres - have been fine but they have worn quickly.

Van is a Camper - thus trundle along - so after a good tyre but ideally don't want to pay a fortune.

Asda have Kormoran UHP - they're listing them as mid-range - I'm not so sure. Just wondered if anyone was running these and your thoughts... Kormoran seems a joint venture with Michelin...

Alternatively, looking at GT Radial Sport Active - obviously paying more but rating goes from C, C to B, B which reassures me more. Again if anyone is running these would appreciate your thoughts.

Other suggestions are welcome. Kormorans are £91 per tyre - hence my think they're more budget tyres. GT Radials are £120.

Thanks in advance

What size and type - all season, summer or winter? I've never heard of either of those brands to be honest! Based on where you are I'd be looking for good wet weather performance.

If i'm purchasing tyres i always try to obtain them with an A rating for wet use and at least a C for economy, Obviousy the noise rating is best as low as possible.

Here's a few websites to try for decent prices; Camskill in Whitehaven. Mobile mech and 123 Tyres.. you won't go far wrong with these guys.

Remember it's the last thing between your van and the road !

i understand people who want to stay away from budget tyres but they are not what they used to be
i however have tried the best and worst and after many years the best are not always the best but are the most expensive
Michelin took over this company so i tried a set about 4 years ago and i was very impressed
Kormoran Snow 235/55 R17 103 V XL » Oponeo.co.uk

£272 a set delivered :)

i will be having these next year

What size and type - all season, summer or winter? I've never heard of either of those brands to be honest! Based on where you are I'd be looking for good wet weather performance.
Hi,

Sorry should have posted more details. It's the Kormoran UHP 255 - 45 - 18 - 103Y, rating is C, C which think is putting me off. Asda state they are mid-range - given the Michelin link assume they OK.

GT Radial Sport Active are B, B rating. Just so many options - think might just stay with Kumho - as concerned having different sets front and rear - I.e different tread patterns might give problems?

If i'm purchasing tyres i always try to obtain them with an A rating for wet use and at least a C for economy, Obviousy the noise rating is best as low as possible.

Here's a few websites to try for decent prices; Camskill in Whitehaven. Mobile mech and 123 Tyres.. you won't go far wrong with these guys.

Remember it's the last thing between your van and the road !
Yep looked at all of these, Camskill seem the best for price. It's just the slight hassle of fitting, some places can be a bit funny if you've not ordered tyres through them but there's always somewhere that will literally take you cash for doing it!

Yep looked at all of these, Camskill seem the best for price. It's just the slight hassle of fitting, some places can be a bit funny if you've not ordered tyres through them but there's always somewhere that will literally take you cash for doing it!
Yes, so true. I'm slightly fortunate as a mate owns one of the local independent garages .lol.

Back