Kumho Tyres?

Kumhos get very good reviews on the Mazda MX5 Owners' Club site - and those guys (and girls) are picky!
I see you're based in Cheltenham; I suggest you call Ian Wilson at Ian Wilson Services in Fairford. I've been buying tyres from him for about 10 years now and he's beaten any internet price every time. Nice guy too.

Got Kumhos on mine. Had them on since last summer and had no issues with them at all! Both dry and wet weather grip is great! No complaints here!

Can't comment on wear though as only done about 3.5k on them, but they are holding out really well!

I’ve run both F1’s and Kumhos and performance wise as above as good as each other in dry and wet. Mileage wise probably within a1000 miles of each other for wear. If I remember correctly the tyre performance ratings are almost the same as well

I’ve run both F1’s and Kumhos and performance wise as above as good as each other in dry and wet. Mileage wise probably within a1000 miles of each other for wear. If I remember correctly the tyre performance ratings are almost the same as well
Very interesting!
I'm assuming that was on your van?

They were 255/45/18 103xl not 35’s sorry typo fat thumbs :rolleyes: was for 4 not 1 though.
Had to wait 2 days as they came from cheapest wholesaler they could find.

Ian Brown tyres Malton
Quoted me £175 incl. fully fitted this morning.
How did you manage to get the price he quoted you?!

Quoted me £175 incl. fully fitted this morning.
How did you manage to get the price he quoted you?!
Mine were brand new loose wheels. They didn’t put them on the van after either.
I supplied TPMS valves as well. So no disposal cost either.

I spoke to the woman in the office on the phone (who’s name escapes me) not Ian or his lads. She’d quoted me £126+ vat at Xmas time but found them cheaper somewhere.

I also suspect it’s supply & demand as I believe the Asy6 has just been announced

SO having started this thread comparing Kumho and Goodyear tyres I have just ordered a set of....Continental Premium Contact 6.
Spotted an offer with 15% off and also realised that they have a much better economy rating than the Goodyears.
Price, fully fitted on the drive is £612.

Last edited:
Well, the Kumhos feel OK, but maybe I just need to drop a couple of PSI? It feels 'pointy'? Like a ballerina on point... Any advice?
Thanks in advance.

Hello mate, did you use the PS71 Kumhos? I see there’s a PA51 that’s also load rated 103

On target to get 60K miles out of my Goodyear Cargo Vectors, very good tyres, why go cheaper when they last so long?

On target to get 60K miles out of my Goodyear Cargo Vectors, very good tyres, why go cheaper when they last so long?
Oh nice. Is there an 18” version? How much weight do you have in the van?

Back