Anyone gone 60mm on B14's with Devonports ?

Lord Mfwic

I'm Batman.
T6 Legend
Hi All,
I'm going to get B14's fitted to my SWB T32 Kombi along with H&R roll bars.
I'm being told 60mm drop both front and rear is the best set up for a T32 on 17 inch Devonports (No plans to change the wheels).
Has anyone got this set up or can anyone advise if this is indeed the best set up ?
Any pics would be very helpful.
I realise I can change the drop at anytime but would like to get it right from the start.
Thanks in advance.
Mfwic.

Hi All,
I'm going to get B14's fitted to my SWB T32 Kombi along with H&R roll bars.
I'm being told 60mm drop both front and rear is the best set up for a T32 on 17 inch Devonports (No plans to change the wheels).
Has anyone got this set up or can anyone advise if this is indeed the best set up ?
Any pics would be very helpful.
I realise I can change the drop at anytime but would like to get it right from the start.
Thanks in advance.
Mfwic.
I would say the advice you have been given is spot on. I had them both fitted early Dec and asked them to just slam it ! So approx 70mm on Devonports. I measured it at 370mm from wheels centre to arch all round. Although it drives like a go kart and I love it, with the Mrs and 3 kids in it I feel a bit guilty with the firmness of the ride. So in the morning I am going raise the 10mm all round and see how it is. I am sure that will be a sweet spot from the info I have gathered so far. I will take some pics before and after for reference any way.

I would say the advice you have been given is spot on. I had them both fitted early Dec and asked them to just slam it ! So approx 70mm on Devonports. I measured it at 370mm from wheels centre to arch all round.

This is where the comparisons get difficult.
I thought that B14 give a range of 40-70mm, so I presume that yours would be currently 70mm.
But, I've got 50mm Eibach springs on my T30 and the measurements from hub centre to arch are 410mm front and 400mm rear.

This is more complex than it first appears.....

This is where the comparisons get difficult.
I thought that B14 give a range of 40-70mm, so I presume that yours would be currently 70mm.
But, I've got 50mm Eibach springs on my T30 and the measurements from hub centre to arch are 410mm front and 400mm rear.

This is more complex than it first appears.....
I agree so many variables too. Mine is a T32 204 tdi DSG FWD so has always sat lower at the front and high at the back with not a lot of weight in it. The B14's levelled it out nicely just trying to find the happy medium on firmness.

Back