Projector and screen?

Has anyone successfully fitted a projector to their van? My idea is to have a small projector mounted to the ceiling, projecting onto a screen suckered onto the rear tailgate window and running off 12 volts. Kick back and watch all four Herbies films.

My only concern is that youd get alot of viewing interuptions with in such a small space? Compact and good idea tho..demount and stick on rear quarter of some outside cinema action

With the advent of small LCD/LED projectors I've been wondering if anyone has installed one yet for their in-van entertainment.
I've seen an LCD projector that is less than 10cm x 10cm x 3cm that might just fit in the overhead tray in the roof lining, putting a roll up screen in the middle of the van would give a nice in-van cinema if the two front seats were turned around.
https://www.gearbest.com/projectors..._Tool_ai_190623_1561220411#anchorGoodsReviews

With the advent of small LCD/LED projectors I've been wondering if anyone has installed one yet for their in-van entertainment.
I've seen an LCD projector that is less than 10cm x 10cm x 3cm that might just fit in the overhead tray in the roof lining, putting a roll up screen in the middle of the van would give a nice in-van cinema if the two front seats were turned around.
https://www.gearbest.com/projectors..._Tool_ai_190623_1561220411#anchorGoodsReviews
I like this idea and watching with interest.

I like this idea and watching with interest.

I’m wondering if the front seats were facing back and reclined it might be possible to use the white face of a pop up bed board with the board elevated as a screen??

Yep - we use a Yoga Tab 3 Pro tablet which has a built in projector. During the day its our satnav on a flexible arm mount and in the evenings we use it from the table or perched on the end of the bed (we have a U shaped type configuration for seats/bed arrangement) onto a white sheet we mount as a screen where the bulkhead used to be. Just in the process of making something for a detachable ceiling mount but works perfectly for us as it is if Im honest. We download everything from Netflix beforehand to save on data but we have a virtually unlimited hotspot in the van for watching the news etc. Viewable screen is about 50-80cms depending how we mount the projector but we do have to close the curtains

Its like being in the cinema but whilst your led in bed..... wouldnt do without it now...

Yep - we use a Yoga Tab 3 Pro tablet which has a built in projector. During the day its our satnav on a flexible arm mount and in the evenings we use it from the table or perched on the end of the bed (we have a U shaped type configuration for seats/bed arrangement) onto a white sheet we mount as a screen where the bulkhead used to be. Just in the process of making something for a detachable ceiling mount but works perfectly for us as it is if Im honest. We download everything from Netflix beforehand to save on data but we have a virtually unlimited hotspot in the van for watching the news etc. Viewable screen is about 50-80cms depending how we mount the projector but we do have to close the curtains

Its like being in the cinema but whilst your led in bed..... wouldnt do without it now...

There are two plastic hooks mounted on the rear / top of each pillar behind the front seats as standard - possible mounting for a detachable screen

Hi @marko123 , do you have any photos of your projector setup that you can share, please?

Well, I've just ordered an Apeman M4 projector, Apeman roll away screen and a cheap but well reviewed PC soundbar off Amazon. Will be trialling them soon.

That’s where I saw it, the projector and soundbar arrived today, still charging the soundbar up but initial trial of the projector looks good, the only issue I may have with it is the lack of keystone correction. I plan to mount the projector in the overhead cubby hole and it is obvious that it’s really designed to project upwards onto a screen rather than downwards. Unless I can find a way to adjust it manually (ie taking it apart and looking for an adjustment screw) it may prove to be one of those niggles that gets on my nerves.
If it does, then I may have to go for something a bit more expensive like the Kodak 350 projector that does have keystone correction (allegedly)

Last edited:
I run a nebula mars and I have not regretted the purchase, I have been up on the hills in Wales with loads of friends in a gazeebo and watched 2 films on the battery alone. Even better in the van.

I run a nebula mars and I have not regretted the purchase, I have been up on the hills in Wales with loads of friends in a gazeebo and watched 2 films on the battery alone. Even better in the van.

What do you project it on to? I was thinking about adding a screen to the inside of the pop top on mine...

I have got a Viewsonic M1 ordered....

The M1 turned up yesterday and I must say that I was really impressed with it.

Up until the point that I realised I had made a mistake and it will not charge over usb C as I thought it did!

So it will have to go back and I will keep looking!

Back