Projector and screen?

Hi....

Thinking of fitting a mini projector to the ceiling of my T6 and having a pull down screen, that can be pulled down from the roof wen the pop top is raised. Anyone got any experience regarding this?

Was thinking something like this for the projector. Can be powered by inbuilt battery, can play via USB Wi-Fi and has Netflix built in... But open to ideas

Not sure what screen to go for?

I’ve done this. I took a while picking a projector as there seems to be various different specs that are quite similar. I decided to get one that could be charged by a power bank and it works really well. I also wanted one that had its own operating system so it doesn’t have to have something connected to it. I went with this one (though from a different seller) Projector and have been really impressed with it. It’s tiny. It’s not particularly loud but works great with a Bluetooth speaker.

I looked at mounts and in the end went with one for a small security camera as they seemed much smaller then the actual projector ones which all seemed to have a big drop.Mount

for the screen I just got a spare bit of curtain lining and used a plastic rod at the top and bottom with a couple of velcro straps to strap to the inside op the pop top (where the straps go to close it). It all works very well and can easily remove the projector and use at home too. The kids love it ...
3571451D-4B26-4C43-992F-E8D0D8825F4A.jpeg

9443991A-8C2A-4DF8-ADED-71A354B78B9A.jpeg
7DD5AE4D-A454-4A00-840A-895DAF17A823.jpeg

Excellent, looks great.. Nice neat set up.... So need to sun a power cable to it?

What size is you screen canvas cut to? Only reason I ask, is I don't pick the VW up until next week. Trying to get everything I need

Excellent, looks great.. Nice neat set up.... So need to sun a power cable to it?

What size is you screen canvas cut to? Only reason I ask, is I don't pick the VW up until next week. Trying to get everything I need
Nope, the battery last probably for about 90 mins so for a longer film I just sit the power bank on top of my units and plug it into it.

I sized the screen to fit my pop top exactly width and height so I think it will depend on the specific pop top you get as I think the height might vary quite a bit

Last edited:

Just saw your other post too. It’s a skyline roof I’ve got too so assuming it’s the same - screen I made is 46” wide x 33.5” high.

I’ve done this. I took a while picking a projector as there seems to be various different specs that are quite similar. I decided to get one that could be charged by a power bank and it works really well. I also wanted one that had its own operating system so it doesn’t have to have something connected to it. I went with this one (though from a different seller) Projector and have been really impressed with it. It’s tiny. It’s not particularly loud but works great with a Bluetooth speaker.

I looked at mounts and in the end went with one for a small security camera as they seemed much smaller then the actual projector ones which all seemed to have a big drop.Mount

for the screen I just got a spare bit of curtain lining and used a plastic rod at the top and bottom with a couple of velcro straps to strap to the inside op the pop top (where the straps go to close it). It all works very well and can easily remove the projector and use at home too. The kids love it ...
View attachment 112314

View attachment 112315
View attachment 112316
Hi, this set up looks great and thanks for the links. Looking at copying (best form of flattery, right?!). Quick questions, the way you’ve got the projector attached at the back looks like it’s upside down. Does the projected picture correct itself i.e. project the right way up? Also, does this projector have Android TV inbuilt so, with a decent WiFi connection, you can have Netflix, Prime, etc? And lastly (sorry), can you plug in external hard drive/SD card to play MP4 movies? Thanks

Hi, this set up looks great and thanks for the links. Looking at copying (best form of flattery, right?!). Quick questions, the way you’ve got the projector attached at the back looks like it’s upside down. Does the projected picture correct itself i.e. project the right way up? Also, does this projector have Android TV inbuilt so, with a decent WiFi connection, you can have Netflix, Prime, etc? And lastly (sorry), can you plug in external hard drive/SD card to play MP4 movies? Thanks
Hi
Yeah not sure how it does it but the projector knows which way up it is so auto corrects. I used the camera brackets as they were a lot shorter than the projector ones I could find (and cheaper).
This unit has android (9.0 I think) so runs Netflix and prime. Unfortunately skygo does t work direct but can do via laptop and hdmi. I use a micro SD with a bundle of mp4s and plus them great. Not tried a hdd but don’t see why it wouldn’t work in the USB. It also has small internal storage 32GB I think.
Hope this helps

View attachment 112314

View attachment 112315
View attachment 112316
@Gavinsky23 - Do you have any more information on the mount you used for the projector. Link not available any more.

@Gavinsky23 - Do you have any more information on the mount you used for the projector. Link not available any more.
Hopefully this link works https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DL79...t_i_WYNCGHFXQT2G4YMCAMHD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
- nice and cheap for a pack of 3 so I did intend to try and have another somewhere else for the kids when driving or for when using in the house. Found these were a lot shorter than the actual projector brackets - seem good quality for the money too.

Van due this month hopefully - got a bit excited and ordered a Nebula Capsule Max today, seen a few videos of them for campers/pop tops and a friend has one for travelling. Tried it out in the house today and it seems great so far!

Reactions: CAB
I went with some SmallRig bits, mounted on the roof.

Just the middle item that stays fitted permanently

View attachment 147206

Does work out a bit more expensive though!
I’ve done something very similar.
I use something like your universal magic arm which I attach to an insert nut which I’ve fitted to the flat section of my bifold bed , just in front of my rear cupboard

I would attach a photo, but site won’t seem to let me atm

Simon

Hi all,

Has anyone recently purchased a Projector for this purpose? There are so many but mostly on the Internet so difficult to judge.

Thanks in advance!

We’ve got the Anker Nebula Capsule Max. They have £80 off on their own Nebula site atm. It’s 720p, can save videos offline, has Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, Sky Go, YouTubes apps. Can use as a Bluetooth speaker for music. Great for downloading videos to before going away. We have the tripod and use it to aim it at the poptop - we don’t bother with a screen and tripod avoids using a mount. 2E44045E-9B62-40B2-9D3C-0529C7E0D108.jpeg

We’ve got the Anker Nebula Capsule Max. They have £80 off on their own Nebula site atm. It’s 720p, can save videos offline, has Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, Sky Go, YouTubes apps. Can use as a Bluetooth speaker for music. Great for downloading videos to before going away. We have the tripod and use it to aim it at the poptop - we don’t bother with a screen and tripod avoids using a mount. View attachment 160661
Thank you bethamari - great

Back