Anybody know how to date stamp a photo taken on IOS device?

DXX

VIP Member
T6 Legend
On the off chance that somebody know?
I need to upload some photos that have already been taken on a I Phone, I need to be able to prove the date they were taken.
I know there are apps that will date stamp photos if taken with the app but these haven’t been.
Any ideas?

Cant you screen shot the screen displaying the date at the top, if you edit a picture or resave it will put the date that has been done so as far as I know it could not be argued that you have pre dated a photo

Reactions: DXX
You need to see the metadata embedded in the file. Some photo software will show the data. Adobe lightroom & photoshop are 2 that spring to mind. If you open the photo files in the relevant software, there will be a panel at the side which will give the time/date/location/camera/exposure etc.

There's an app in the App Store called Timestamp Camera that looks to do what you're after.

Once imported on to a PC or Mac you can see the date it was taken, and much more info, Just right click on the file and select get info (for a Mac) :-

1618173355504.png

Even GPS location of where the pic was taken

Thanks all, my backup will be the screen shot and I’ll enquire with the agency if the can read the metadata.
I don’t think Timestamp Camera will stamp photos that have already been taken.
By the way if there are any residential landlords out there and your tenant $ucks your house up you’d better have some good records.

There's an app in the App Store called Timestamp Camera that looks to do what you're after.
That app’s the dogs knob, just what I need for the next set of videos / photo’s.

Thanks all, my backup will be the screen shot and I’ll enquire with the agency if the can read the metadata.
I don’t think Timestamp Camera will stamp photos that have already been taken.
By the way if there are any residential landlords out there and your tenant $ucks your house up you’d better have some good records.
Scumbags springs to mind

“Exif viewer” app will display all the details including date of photo including older photos. I’ve just checked an old photo from 2014 and before I had the app and all the details are there.

Back