Another HiLo that been poorly fitted

Enjoy it, we love ours and wouldn’t hesitate to get another, but as above, there’s only 2 or 3 fitters I’d trust to do it properly and HiLo themselves wouldn’t be one of them :D

OK…so - I was actually going to start a new thread on here today, but this seems a sensible place to post this given recent discussion.

I spoke to Surf bus yesterday about my HiLo (as I’ve not been able to get hold of HiLo themselves) and they told me that HiLo are “not currently operating” and they don’t even know if they can get parts / spares!!

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a change of ownership, it would appear the original two directors have been absent for a long time.

I’m sure I read on here that the Pendlebury brothers had other business interests and that someone else had been running HiLo for quite some time.

The likes of Simply Surf Bus, Vision Tech and Jaibow will find an alternative if HiLo do disappear, I still wouldn’t panic yet.

I never had too much faith in the warranty, ultimately it’s up to the fitter to resolve any issues as they took your money.

My fitter replaced a gas strut under warranty and corrected a few minor trim issues, but they have ceased trading now so I’m on my own now.

We still use it 2 or 3 times a week in the summer although my kids are slowly outgrowing it, but worst possible case scenario (or I get a new van) then I’d get a SkyLow.

3 of my mates have Skyline’s and they’ve been really happy with the roofs and the fitting.

We've just had a HiLo fitted and have a couple of problems but the fitter is going to investigate just got to take it back to them (2.5hrs away)

20220629_164102.jpg

We've just had a HiLo fitted and have a couple of problems but the fitter is going to investigate just got to take it back to them (2.5hrs away)
@dErZ Out of interest - what issues are you having with yours?

I wouldn’t give Hilo £10 nevermind £5k. I’ve seen so many bad Hilo pop tops I’m unsure how they still have a product and a team of fitters.

I wouldn’t give Hilo £10 nevermind £5k. I’ve seen so many bad Hilo pop tops I’m unsure how they still have a product and a team of fitters.
Conversely I’ve met plenty of satisfied owners, the bad ones I’ve only heard about are on here.

Interesting discussion, didn’t realise HILo are not trading.. (so say) hope there is another product with discrete looks for lwb, currently sky low I believe is only for the swb. Will give surfbus a call and find out the state of play. Cheers

Interesting discussion, didn’t realise HILo are not trading.. (so say) hope there is another product with discrete looks for lwb, currently sky low I believe is only for the swb. Will give surfbus a call and find out the state of play. Cheers
Look up Stealth low life as a suggestion.
I am really struggling to find a roof i like to the point im not going to bother yet.

Look up Stealth low life as a suggestion.
I am really struggling to find a roof i like to the point im not going to bother yet.
So one thing I’m not sure about is the lack of a rear hinge , instead there is just multiple gas struts. I kinda wonder how these would put up with a strong breeze. Nice low profile, don’t advertise and crash testing on TUV certs. Wonder if it’s insurance approved. Nice low profile though

So one thing I’m not sure about is the lack of a rear hinge , instead there is just multiple gas struts. I kinda wonder how these would put up with a strong breeze. Nice low profile, don’t advertise and crash testing on TUV certs. Wonder if it’s insurance approved. Nice low profile though
I quite like the idea of no hinges. Not sure how it holds up. Never read of one failing though.
I like the real carbon fibre idea as well. Should be lighter.

Did anyone manage to confirm if my comment about HiLo not currently trading was true? I heard it directly from SimplySurfBus - they said that was the reason I hadn’t been able to get hold of them about a warranty issue!

Did anyone manage to confirm if my comment about HiLo not currently trading was true? I heard it directly from SimplySurfBus - they said that was the reason I hadn’t been able to get hold of them about a warranty issue!
I heard it from them too.

Back