Another Delay

Gwyn

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Has anyone else had this problem . Received this email from dealers

Hi,

We have run into a huge problem, it is nationwide and is effecting hundreds of customers.

Please see below the bulletin we have received just today direct from Volkswagen.

Unfortunately your vehicle is on the list and we are unable to register it due to the new testing procedures, and needing a code to register it.

I am so sorry about this and we had no idea until now, of course I will keep you informed of when we can register the vehicle and we will be in constant contact with Volkswagen head office to get this resolved.

80834C28-952D-4C5E-9082-0F8C23FD2E43.png

That'll be the new WLTP testing being introduced to give more real world mpg & CO2 figures. It's a bit vague though, be nice to know roughly how long it will take.

There were loads of Californias in the yard of my dealers last year, that had been sold, but sat there for around 6 months because of the same reason according to my sales guy.

Was told originally that I might get the van by the end of May then had a date of 21 June now this ( van has been in the dealers for 3 - 4 weeks)
How long does one have to wait until it's acceptable to ask for your deposit back ( if it’s possible to get it back)
At this rate the T6.1 will be available

Was told originally that I might get the van by the end of May then had a date of 21 June now this ( van has been in the dealers for 3 - 4 weeks)
How long does one have to wait until it's acceptable to ask for your deposit back ( if it’s possible to get it back)
At this rate the T6.1 will be available
Ask for back now. There are unable to provide you a reasonable date that you will get your vehicle. When you signed up for it it was on the predication of a specific build week and delivery date. Some time in the next 6 months doesn’t really cut the mustard.

Like @DaveyB said, plus the fact the 6.1 is out soon, i'd be asking for either a delay till the 6.1 is out, or a refund.
A tough place to be, specially when I know how excited we get when we order our new Transporters, but there's nothing more annoying than paying full price for a product, only to have the new version come out shortly afterwards, and yours be discounted.

I ordered in April, with a delivery date of 5/8, was told on Friday they haven't built the van. VW have built their quota, the next allocation is October, the WLTP isn't helping either

WLTP is causing so many problems in the industry. I work for Roll-Royce and we're being pulled in all different direction because the regulations aren't clear. It's been a rushed in process and isn't clear.
This doesn't sound like a VW problem, it's probably affecting many brands.

Like @DaveyB said, plus the fact the 6.1 is out soon, i'd be asking for either a delay till the 6.1 is out, or a refund.
A tough place to be, specially when I know how excited we get when we order our new Transporters, but there's nothing more annoying than paying full price for a product, only to have the new version come out shortly afterwards, and yours be discounted.
As you said I've been waiting nearly 6 months now was getting excited / looking forward to get started on the van, sold my old van privately a few weeks ago.
Got to go round in the works van for now :(
Does anyone know when the new model is coming out ?

Back