Angled Black side bars?

No problem with mine yet but they’re only a couple of months old. I fitted some small mudguards at the same time and they seem to be doing a good job protecting them.

02A781E1-722C-42DD-AB16-C51D2A0539E8.jpeg

946D24CF-9496-44AF-BB75-764D417FF94D.jpeg

Last edited:
Although mine aren't the angled style, they are also Black powder coated and have done neary 10k in under 5 months.
I also fitted front flaps, and my bars are still perfect.

I had powder coated on my old t5 for 5 years and only a few chips on them when I sold it so pretty good

No problem with mine yet bot they’re only a couple of months old. I fitted some small mudguards at the same time and they seem to be doing a good job protecting them.

View attachment 18731

View attachment 18730
They look really good. I’ve got a £600 credit note from VW for the number of faults I had with my van from new and was due to have the round black ones fitted in two weeks. After seeing yours I’ll give them a ring and change my order to the angled ones and get them power coated. I take it yours are Satin Black?
Where did you have yours done and how much did you pay if you don’t mind me asking?
My nearest power coater is PPS Powder Coating Ltd in Hirwaun. any one heard of them?

They look really good. I’ve got a £600 credit note from VW for the number of faults I had with my van from new and was due to have the round black ones fitted in two weeks. After seeing yours I’ll give them a ring and change my order to the angled ones and get them power coated. I take it yours are Satin Black?
Where did you have yours done and how much did you pay if you don’t mind me asking?
My nearest power coater is PPS Powder Coating Ltd in Hirwaun. any one heard of them?
Yes they are satin black. I had them done at a local place in Birmingham. I’ve had a few bike frames done there before. Cost was £100. :thumbsup:

Yes they are satin black. I had them done at a local place in Birmingham. I’ve had a few bike frames done there before. Cost was £100. :thumbsup:
Cheers bud, you’ve helped make my mind up as I was waiting for VW to do them in black but I’ll just go down the power coating route and have them in two weeks.

I've just received a replacement set of round (black) bars from VW to replace the original ones that went rusty. I'm selling them if anyone fancies them? I might go the @Deaky route instead.

Back