Amarok steel 18x7.5”... Which tyres?

MorecambeMonkey

Hi all!
Anyone got any pics with the recommended tyre of 255/45/18 on the Stiches & Steel wheel with standard suspension? If so I’d there any rubbing on full lock or over bumpy roads?....cheers!

I'm looking at fitting some Amarok steel and am currently researching tyres but not really getting anywhere.

Will any tyre that's rated 101 be OK for my T30? Or does it have to be specifically a van tyre?

Also, which brands would you recommend? Looking at getting 235/50/18, is this correct?

101 rating is suitable for the T30. There should be a label on the bulkhead giving the front and rear axle weights. Take the biggest value and divide by two to identify the minimum rating for a suitable tyre.

I currently have Bridgestone A005 all season tyres in the same size and have experienced some cracking / splitting away of the upper tread blocks. I wont be replacing them with the same.

I’m interested in what others are using in 235 width. I’m pondering if a 55 profile rather than 50 gives a better choice of options?

Ian

101 rating is suitable for the T30. There should be a label on the bulkhead giving the front and rear axle weights. Take the biggest value and divide by two to identify the minimum rating for a suitable tyre.

I currently have Bridgestone A005 all season tyres in the same size and have experienced some cracking / splitting away of the upper tread blocks. I wont be replacing them with the same.

I’m interested in what others are using in 235 width. I’m pondering if a 55 profile rather than 50 gives a better choice of options?

Ian
Did you take those tyres back to the fitters for then to inform Bridgestone? I've never had problems with that tyre.

Did you take those tyres back to the fitters for then to inform Bridgestone? I've never had problems with that tyre.
I’ve not - me thinks they will just say they are not suitable for commercial vehicles.

I also noticed the wear bars are much higher on the all season tyres - not sure if this is a recommended change depth or legal one? I think the former.

Michelin X climates SUV rated tyres from camskill . Decent enough for what I need. And there load rated too for t32 . Hope this might help.
IMG_20210519_101808_2.jpg

I’ve not - me thinks they will just say they are not suitable for commercial vehicles.

I also noticed the wear bars are much higher on the all season tyres - not sure if this is a recommended change depth or legal one? I think the former.
They are load rated so I cant see how they could argue about that.

I agree, there is only 1 legal tread depth for changing, but tyres performance deteriorates as it gets sloser to that and Im guessing that effect would be worse in poor conditions, ie lots of water, cold and ice/snow.

Back