Altro Floor Edging

I agree that the floors look really nice with the bead round them and i have seen a floor done by @slidepods and there was no unsightly gap round the edge but the beading still looked nice. I would like to use some of this round my floor,where can i buy some @Eclipse Campers ? Thanks

In order to get the beaded edge effect around the floor you need to have the abillity to manufacture a floor that can be installed as a single peice. This allows you to apply the flooring to the birch ply on the bench then affix the beading to the edge prior to install. This ensures the floor is bonded down and not screwed down with self drilling drywall screws. The vast majority of floors are installed as 2 or 3 peices and bonded or screwed to the floor of the van then the floor finish is bonded down and trimmed in the van. Whilst some practised converters make a nice neat job of this we have also seen some shockers over the years, When the floor finish is laid in the van its impossible to do a nice neat job of the piped bead unfortunately.
Therefore if your floor is already in it cannot be retrofitted.

Hello @slidepods ,it was fitted by Stonewall leisure, not too sure how its fixed down but it has caravelle rails and a one piece ply floor with a altro finish

Hi @Eclipse Campers ,i wouldve liked enough dark grey to do the back of a swb twin slider from the back of the sliding door steps to the back,@slidepods says it cant be retrofitted though
They are correct, a number of ways to fit, either glue on, tack on or staple on. It's normally fitted before the floor/panel etc are fitted. As they use this they can advise accordingly should have thought.

I have dark grey.

Cheers
Ian

I'm going to buy a 1 piece floor and bond it so I'll do it the way you have described.

Do you have a link to the stuff you use?

*edit* I've found it at grassroots by the box of 100m Beading

By the metre: P Trim Bead Edge

Referred to as ptrim and tadpole trim

Last edited:
I'm going to buy a 1 piece floor and bond it so I'll do it the way you have described.

Do you have a link to the stuff you use?

*edit* I've found it at grassroots by the box of 100m Beading

By the metre: P Trim Bead Edge

Referred to as ptrim and tadpole trim
thats look like the stuff. You can have mine for £1 p/m if interested. Cheers PM me with your details.

I take it with a 12mm floor and 9mm batons you use 20mm screws? :/ sorry can’t find a build thread.

Does anyone know anywhere that sells/delivers single piece floors with lashing point holes? ? Have a swb. Based in NW.

Thanks

Do you know what that bead is called so I can source some?

Has anyone used this P Trim on their van? Just wondered how it went, how you fixed it down etc? The finish in these pics looks superb.
You don’t need to use this P trim, just cut your floor finish tight to the walls. This is for when edges are not tightly cut to hide gaps or when edges are not possible to trim by other means. We have a box of the P trim , think we used on first 2 vans but then not needed since as we improved cutting tolerances (this was many years prior to CNC). We stapled it in place. happy to sell you some if you need any. See attached photos of how we do floors. Thanks

F3.jpg20210604_093743_HDR.jpgDSC02817.JPGfloor.jpgIMG-20210702-WA0015.jpg

Thanks Eclipse! Appreciate the response. I’ll go without I think as most will be covered in units or seats anyway. Can I ask your preferred adhesive for altro to ply? Cheers, Jim.

Thanks Eclipse! Appreciate the response. I’ll go without I think as most will be covered in units or seats anyway. Can I ask your preferred adhesive for altro to ply? Cheers, Jim.
We use trade adhesives, something like an F44 will work, trowel applied. You can also use specilist spray adhesive but not the contact adhesive for carpet lining which many people, even companies use....:thumbsdown:
:eek:

Back