Rear flooring fitting

Swoop1

Hi guys just wanted to know how people are fitting the flooring Altro/carpet in the rear of their vans I'm about to fix the ply in my conversion but am now thinking do I wait get the carpet (as that’s what I am having) and use the ply floor to cut the carpet to shape or do I get a carpet fitter which charges £50 a room I assume it would be same for the van ? Any advise is appreciated as always
thank you

If the ply is cnc cut and fits exactly to shape of van then should be easy for you to use as a template for the carpet but allow extra carpet to fit under the rear threshold, side step and rubber flooring of the front cab ( rear of rubber flooring which meets the cargo floor has a lip that can be lifted to tuck flooring materials under for neat finish)

Can't comment on carpet but I opted to stick the altro to the ply before it went in the van. Leaving a bit of extra material around the edges to trim off once it was installed. More room to work on it in the house than in the back of the van.

As mentioned all depends how good your floor fits.
If it doesn't fit well then the floor carpet does trim easy compared to altro.
If it's cold use a hairdryer to warm the rubber backing which helps it fold into the tighter corners around the wheel arch.
Do the drivers side first as its the longest. If you mess up then you can move the carpet over a little and start again ( presuming it's not exactly the correct width )

thank you for all your advise i will cut the carpet using the ply floor but draw round with a thin piece of wood between edge of ply and chalk to give me a extra overhang and thank you for suggesting the heat gun as it’s rubber backed will help a lot I’m guessing

Back