Altro Floor Edging

Kev_

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi guys,

I've looked everywhere but cant find a definitive answer. Does anyone know the rubber looking edging beading that people use at the edge of Altro flooring?

Cheers

Which one do you mean. There’s two potential answers (as in the photo)
There’s the ‘welded’ seam/joiner which is available in any colour or the stick on rubber edging which normally sits over the coved edging or is used as a floor sealer.
You can get this from any decent floor covering company. Stuck down with good quality impact adhesive BE08D341-A11D-4621-9DFA-6638A5231B74.jpeg

Cheers @cowlsy I looked at the welded stuff but I don't think that's it so it must be the stick on edging. Do you have a link to anywhere that sells it? Cheers!!

Kev,
I sealed the edges of flooring where it met the units in the living area using a small bead of good quality colour matching mastic.
For the transition to where the Altro ends and meets the vinyl behind the cab (behind the swivel seat and captains chair is used the gradus as the interface.
It’s fiddley, and if you are anything like me you end up getting impact adhesive over everything! But by taking car and not rushing it delivers great results.
It does raise up slightly the level of the floor as it sits under the transition piece but is saw this as a benefit.

My top tip is do it when the weather warms up as the rubber is a lot more maleable and the glue sets off better as well.
Find some weighty things to sit along the length and leave it over night.
fo that and it should work fine.

Gradus PCS40 PVC Capping Seal | UK Flooring Supplies
S

4C8D0D23-655F-4E69-9330-75D44982A0E9.png

Thanks for all the replies!!

@Ezz I'm not putting a kitchen in my van so the edging would butt up the altro and the carpet lining (on the wheel arch for instance).

@cowlsy the threshold looks perfect. I'll order one of those. I had a quick look on google at mastic and got to flexible laminate floor beads which look like it but the profile is bigger

@St4n99 I think that is similar to the window edging. I'll try and find a picture of exactly what I mean

@Absolut5 top work as ever from you mate!! Any pointers on where to start with the template?

It is getting the floor as close cut to the edges as possible, then get the masking tape out and stick it in strips to the ply where the wood edges do not meet the carpet/metalwork

Carefully pull floor out, place it on top of the Altro and draw around it . Then take your time cutting it

Taking your time and you won’t have any edges showing

@Kingsway that's it!!! Thank you

I think what I have seen is either mastic or I'm pretty sure it's the welded but left untrimmed so it's a 2mm bead and would stick to the carpet like mastic would

Hi guys,

I've looked everywhere but cant find a definitive answer. Does anyone know the rubber looking edging beading that people use at the edge of Altro flooring?

Cheers
You won’t need edging if the floor is cut accurately and the covering (whatever type you use) is fitted well. We cut our floors on CNC machine and hand fit the covering. Time consuming buy lovely finish. Edging is used either for filling in gaps or sealing the wood. However the wood is bare on the underside.

Rgds,

Ian:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thats exactly the bead we use.

You won’t need edging if the floor is cut accurately and the covering (whatever type you use) is fitted well. We cut our floors on CNC machine and hand fit the covering. Time consuming buy lovely finish. Edging is used either for filling in gaps or sealing the wood. However the wood is bare on the underside.

Rgds,

Ian:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can assure you Ian there are no gaps and nothing ill fitting about our floors! We CNC cut them with files drawn up from full on 3D scans taken of the rear of the transporter chassis. We also bevel the edge where required to obtain a 100% perfect fit. We add the edging as we feel it gives a nicer finish with an added little thoughtful detail to the interior of the vehicle (we also find our customers really like it). Its time consuming to do and we certainly wouldn't waste time doing it if we didn't feel it was worth it or if there was no demand for it!!

@slidepods I completely agree. The conversions that I have seen it in look really well finished with the bead around the edge.

Back