Alternative to NC500

Irvine101

VIP Member
T6 Pro
We have previously driven the NC500 and had planned to drive part of the Wild Atlantic Way in June, but that was unfortunately cancelled due to the lockdown.

We are now thinking about September and wonder if anyone can recommend another weeks UK roadtrip that has spectacular roads, views etc.

Any recommendations gratefully received

We have previously driven the NC500 and had planned to drive part of the Wild Atlantic Way in June, but that was unfortunately cancelled due to the lockdown.

We are now thinking about September and wonder if anyone can recommend another weeks UK roadtrip that has spectacular roads, views etc.

Any recommendations gratefully received
Go to the Outer Hebrides... Can’t say enough about the place. If you start thinking about it, seriously, let me know and I’ll give you some tips on where to go. It’s a very special place!

Sounds a great idea. Is September a good month to go? Any tips where to go would be appreciated
Cheers

Last edited:
Plans are your enemy. I was over with the van a year or so back, ferry over to Stornway and then drove down to South Uist, I particularly enjoyed the hills of Harris, Rodel church near Leverburgh (check the Sheena-na-gig up on the walls...) a lazy afternoon parked up on the Machair of South Uist, a few pints in the Lochboisdale hotel (parked overnight in the car park) and a day trip over to Eriskay. Even with some energetic hillwalking it was a really relaxing trip, I'm Scottish and know the Highlands like the back of my hand but the Western Isles feel like a different country. It's too windy for midges.

Last edited:
Back