Altera Genio Pro bike rack

Gary1967

VIP Member
Hi all totally new here … so the above rack is it suitable for an e bike specialized .. i presently have a vw rear mount carrier on a tailgate T6 but find it a PITA TO a) lift the bike .. b ) the jaws arent flexible enough/ positionable enough to hold the frame securely … its an OEM rack from Vw

Not sure about the Atera Genio, but I have an Atera Strada and have carried 4 adult bikes on it, including two e-bikes. Mine is a Cube full squasher with 29" wheels and 2.6 tyres and I can hold wheels and frame securely. Also slides away from the tailgate fully loaded, but you have to be strong to get it back!!

Just to confirm that with the Atera Strada it goes back far enough to clear the opening tailgate… I have a buzz rack eazzy 4 at the moment and it does not go back far enough to clear and am not keen on having to mount the VW one on the rear tailgate as I can then not easily open the boot without unloading the bikes and would need to change the tailgate arms s well.

I have the Genio Pro. I've loaded two e-Bikes and must be close to 60kg limit , one with fat wheels and it works well. Can open tailgate as well.

Thanks Richie im planning on adding the 3rd bar , only carrying one E-bike plus two Mtbs of around 14 kg each should work fine not sure if I will be able to tilt it fully to access the tailgate by adding the third bike but not a major drama for me around 53/54 kg all in

Back