passenger airbag change - southwest

TonyJH

I'm trying to find someone in the Salisbury area that would be willing to change the passenger airbag on my T6. I am changing from a factory fitted captains chair to a bench seat and would like the larger airbag fitted.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I've emailed 2 dealers and not received any responses. My local independent VW garage won't touch anything airbag related.

TIA

I'm trying to find someone in the Salisbury area that would be willing to change the passenger airbag on my T6. I am changing from a factory fitted captains chair to a bench seat and would like the larger airbag fitted.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I've emailed 2 dealers and not received any responses. My local independent VW garage won't touch anything airbag related.

TIA
HI Tony, I have a T6.1 Transporter and wishing to change my Passenger Captains seat for a duo bench (3 seats at the front / 3 seats at the back) I've had a quote to do the change, the only thing that concerns me is that ... do I have to swap out the current airbag for a larger one - is this a thing thats recommended? My local VW garage said there is no such thing, but I really want to be sure for long family journeys.

Airbag for a bench seat is wider to accommodate both passengers otherwise neither are fully protected

Back