Swapping Single passenger seat to double bench seat been tolled by converter it’s a easy straightforward swap ??

Alan slyde

Hi we are looking a round at the minute for a t6 van but wife wants it to have a double passenger seat as sometimes there are 5 off us but all the vans she has seen and like are just Single passenger seat I was talking to a Van converter he was saying was a straightforward easy to do swap ??? But I can’t seem to find a lot off information about iv read airbags are a Issue ? Any help from someone that has done that swop would be greatly appreciated

Reactions: CAB
Hi we are looking a round at the minute for a t6 van but wife wants it to have a double passenger seat as sometimes there are 5 off us but all the vans she has seen and like are just Single passenger seat I was talking to a Van converter he was saying was a straightforward easy to do swap ??? But I can’t seem to find a lot off information about iv read airbags are a Issue ? Any help from someone that has done that swop would be greatly appreciated
Any van that has been converted and originally had a double will have a double airbag.

Only if specified as single fronts will it have a single airbag.

That's the most likely scenario anyway, check the history of the van with the seller.

Passenger singles go for up to a grand, so you will be quids in.

If you are finding single passenger seats in front then you are probably looking at the Kombi which has seats (and windows) in rear so (I think) the standard is 2+3 seat arrangement. The standard panel van is 3 up front. From what I found when looking to buy our van the Kombi's tend to be more expensive. If you want the 3 seats up front you are probably better with the standard and then get windows fitted. Having said that we would like to change our double for a single up front so if you get a T6.1 Highline I would be interested with a swap with some cash involved.

Back