Admiral - Easy "Modification" status

Hi Folks - future proof modification status of "Camper Van Conversion" with Admiral. I am new to the VW camper game and just wanted to share something I discovered which I thought was quite good - when getting a quote from Admiral and asked about modifications the list was long, when I expressed some uncertainty over what was/was not aftermarket as the van was 2nd hand they registered modifications under a blanket "Camper Van Conversion" statement. Future proofed and anxiety free. Thought I might share.

After my non-fault claim experience with them last year, I wouldn't touch Admiral insurance with yours.....

After my non-fault claim experience with them last year, I wouldn't touch Admiral insurance with yours.....
Same here, worst (insurance) company I’ve ever had to deal with. Never again.
Caveat Emptor

Please elaborate @sparkywig
I don't have the time to write the full essay, but in short, poor customer service, shifted from dept to dept, no courtesy vehicle, legal division is not part of Admiral(?), lost documents and deleted claim mid-process, took 4 months for excess to be reimbursed, poor repairers (repairs still not satisfactory even now).

Reactions: AKG
Same here, worst (insurance) company I’ve ever had to deal with. Never again.
Caveat Emptor
Same here. Had a no fault just before Christmas. They allocated me repair company with less than three stars on Google. I opted to use a bodyshop of my choose….. that’s where it all went bad. As above, there is too much to write here but I amassed over 14 hours on the phone to them (95% on hold) before I even got the repairs authorised. The best one was the time I was on hold for 1 hour 48 minutes only to be told by the nice lady that she couldn’t deal with commercial claims and said I’d have to go back on hold! The bodyshop said they are the worst company to deal with by far (he recons NFU are the “best”). The experience was a real eye opener. I have a multi vehicle policy with them that costs me about £600 a year. I’d gladly pay £1200 a year to a company that cares about their customers! Avoid!

Reactions: AKG
My wife had a no fault crash in her car in 2021. We are insured with Admiral for the cars (not the van). The service from start to finish with Admiral was very good and couldn't fault them at all. It may have helped that the other party accepted liability from the start, but the day after the crash, it was collected from us and a hire car delivered that same day. All correspondence on the phone and e mail was also without issue.

Hi Folks, I have always found Admiral to be good; however shall take a look at NFU also when I renew. What insurance companies are you all currently with? Positive/negative/still to find out?

Hi Folks, I have always found Admiral to be good; however shall take a look at NFU also when I renew. What insurance companies are you all currently with? Positive/negative/still to find out?
I'm with Caravan Guard. I tried most that had been recommended on this site. A lot recommend A Plan, Brentacre and Adrian Flux etc. For me, all of them didn't even offer the courtesy of lube when they offered me a quote!

In other words, what is good for someone else may not be the best for you as so many factors are at play.

I use Adrian Flux but I go for the Agreed Value insurance. Just had the next renewal through, I was paying £440 but they wanted to increase it to £475. I called them to ask if they could do better (always do that) and they agreed to leave it at £440.

The biggest faff about the Agreed Valuation is having to take photos of the van every year and to include the lengthy list of modifications. It's not too much hassle for the peace-of-mind an Agreed Value gives me though.

Back