Accelerator pedal

gmaster

T6 Pro
Hi All......firstly Happy Christmas.

Now I could be being really thick here, but I noticed that my accelerator pedal has what feels like a sticking point. It's a 204 BHP, DSG and it seems as if it has to be pushed past a notch to get the engine to really open up.

It makes perfect sense for it to have this as a cruise or sport mode, but I wanted to check it wasn't a fault.

Mine has a sticking point you have to push it past to get "full welly" too, I thought it may be faulty but then reasoned that it doesn't do it on the way back out (thank f**k!) so must have some reason to it. I was guessing it was a "are you sure you REALLY want to do this?" marker. Sure saves on fuel/tyres/underware from a heavy foot. Does anyone have this on the sub 204ps models?

Thanks Pauly! Right, so if it kicks down before the sticky bit, I'm guessing that past the sticky point its more aggressive shifting down and holds the revs higher before the upshift? I must admit I always have it in sport mode as in normal drive, pulling away has a dangerous delay and the engine lugs at steady speed (I've had it holding at 1100 revs going up hill!) I wonder if there is an easy way of removing or reducing the sticky "feel".....

I checked mine out with VCDS- throttle hits 90% on the button and then the final 10% when the button is pressed.

The button is a tad stiff IMHO but it all checks out ok.

I haven't found the resistance yet as I'm still running in, but perhaps a bit of silicon grease might help?

I'm going to have to test this, I thought I'd nailed it big style the other day when I embarrassed a rather aggressive young gentleman in his BMW on the motorway slip road. It may be that my rather clumsy work boots mask the sticking point...

Back