ACC / Front Assist / City Braking . . . . . . Is it working?

I cant make mine do it, but it does do it when not expecting. It has triggered a couple of times on cars turning left, when I can see that I can pass without issue, but the van thought otherwise and warned me. Once it has braked when a motorbike carved me up in slow traffic.

So it seems to know when you haven't reacted to something, which is very hard to simulate.

Maybe we need to hire or borrow one of those blowup cars the dealers use for the demonstration and have a forum meet at Kemble Airfield?

Looks i defo got this and its working..... Had the foot-stomp-from-God on the auto breaking this morning.

bit of an odd one.......

The bus in front pulled into a bus stop way ahead of me........so i pulled slightly over to see down the side of it while still doing about 20mph,

waited shortly (still doing 20mph) for the oncoming van to pass, then put me foot down to over take the bus,

then BLAM - auto break.. basically while i was lined up with the rear quarter of the bus about 3 car lengths back from it as i was pulling out to overtake.

it hit the anchors, beeped at me and flashed up a big auto break logo on the MFD.

so i think its super active if your accelerating into the rear of something...... but not so much if your coasting or breaking into the rear of something (unless your super close maybe?)

Be honest, did you get any brown adrenaline in your pants when it hit the anchors ?

I thought city braking was standard on the T6? is that not the case? i dont have ACC on mine but i do have front and rear Park Assist

Be honest, did you get any brown adrenaline in your pants when it hit the anchors ?

LOL, not really. it was kinda more of a break-tap than a full on anchors, my first though was "WTH is that" and "I've lost power while trying to overtake" . . . . .

But as soon as i heard the Bong & looked at the MFD i knew what had happened.....

so i suppose it was the first stage warning tap . . . . . . . and the second stage "RIGHT FOOT OF GOD" would have been imminent, but by then i was out of the line of the bus in the middle of overtaking.

I thought city braking was standard on the T6? is that not the case? i dont have ACC on mine but i do have front and rear Park Assist

Nope, they all options...

Front/Rear Park assist are the ultrasonic sensors for parking.

ACC OPTION: ACC also includes the Front Assist area
monitoring system with City Emergency
Braking System

This uses the square RADAR sensor in the front lower grill/area, i think there is a pic of it above. . . . . so if you havent got that, then no auto breaking,....

but i think hill hold assist is included on all models as standard which is great when your on a hill etc.

unless your thinking of this, which is standard : (you can feel it if you stamp on the peddle quick, you get a extra brake force at the wheels)

Brake Assist.
Fitted as standard, the system registers the
speed at which the brake pedal is pressed.
During emergency braking, it helps ensure
full brake pressure is applied more quickly.

Yes VW added it to MY18 vehicles as standard so anything made from mid to late 17 onwards will have it

Back