A Question on fitting a sunglass holder and mounting bracket T6.1

Nidge747

VIP Member
Before I embark on fitting a new OME sunglass holder and bracket I thought I would ask the wise and knowledgeble ones on here what the best sequence is to removing the head liner to fit the rear mounting brackets. Also what type of fixing is used to fix the mounting bracket.

Before I embark on fitting a new OME sunglass holder and bracket I thought I would ask the wise and knowledgeble ones on here what the best sequence is to removing the head liner to fit the rear mounting brackets. Also what type of fixing is used to fix the mounting bracket.
With out throwing a spanner in the works.....My t6 has a sunglass holder as lovely as it is ...Never use it....just a thought;)

And a very serious point for which I thank you in pointing out :thumbsup:, but I have always kept a spare set of driving glasses in there as a "just in case" and yet again the T6.1 has this simple item omitted. I could find an alternative location I hear you say but alas the storage spaces of the T6.1 has also been shrunk, unless you are the owner of a European folding wooden ruler for which there is a purposely design location on the dash just for said item and duly advertised for in the brochure.

.........but I have always kept a spare set of driving glasses in there as a "just in case........"
That's just about the only use that I've ever found for the little hole above the rear view mirror and the map lights in my T6 Highline. As long as they're in a soft case, they don't rattle! Not sure if your T6.1 has the same though.

And a very serious point for which I thank you in pointing out :thumbsup:, but I have always kept a spare set of driving glasses in there as a "just in case" and yet again the T6.1 has this simple item omitted. I could find an alternative location I hear you say but alas the storage spaces of the T6.1 has also been shrunk, unless you are the owner of a European folding wooden ruler for which there is a purposely design location on the dash just for said item and duly advertised for in the brochure.
Umm just checked the spec on the 6.1 ...your right lots of nice things missing..so much for a car like experience..good luck:thumbsup:

That's just about the only use that I've ever found for the little hole above the rear view mirror and the map lights in my T6 Highline. As long as they're in a soft case, they don't rattle! Not sure if your T6.1 has the same though.
That space has alas been used for the controls for the rear passenger heater in mine.

I really want to fit the sunglasses holder but don't have the bracket , looking at the van I guess it's take the door trim off and pull the moulded headlining clear so that the bracket can be slid in ,then screwed in. Is it that easy, any advice please.

Make sure you have the correct fixing bolts and nut holders otherwise you will not be able to fit it.

Thanks for your advice . I guess that means rivnuts and so on, maybe I will just stick to stuffing the glasses in the small overhead cubby hole .

The handle, or sunglasses holder screws into a metal bracket behind headlining. It may already be there but if not you’ll need to purchase one and fit that first.

Cheers

Ian

Back