T6.1 Interior grab handle / sunglasses holder p/n

Boundy

Hi Guys,

As you are probably aware, the T6.1 come without a driver side interior grab handle or sunglasses holder. I nabbed the sunglasses holder out of my T5.1 before it went off to auction, with the intention of fitting it to my T6.1 but have have found they also didn't fit the mounting bracket to the roof behind the headliner.

Does anyone have the part number for the mounting bracket so I can fit my sunglasses holder correctly? It's currently just screwed into the headliner itself but I want to do a proper job,

Cheers

I believe the bracket itself is 7E5858688 but you'll also need 4 rivnuts and bolts + 2 long self tappers

Hi Guys,

As you are probably aware, the T6.1 come without a driver side interior grab handle or sunglasses holder. I nabbed the sunglasses holder out of my T5.1 before it went off to auction, with the intention of fitting it to my T6.1 but have have found they also didn't fit the mounting bracket to the roof behind the headliner.

Does anyone have the part number for the mounting bracket so I can fit my sunglasses holder correctly? It's currently just screwed into the headliner itself but I want to do a proper job,

Cheers
Hello mate, I was planning to install a roof/ceiling folding grab handle on the driver side of my T6.1. Do I need a mounting bracket for that?

What did you end up doing?

Thanks for that! I'd prefer to have a handle for the driver's side though, not a sunnies holder :)

It's empty at the moment, how do I check if I need the mounting bracket behind the headliner - without removing the headliner? :D

It appears the part number for the glasses holder is 7H1857465 - I think the first three digits are a model / colour code as the last 6 digits are common on a few various colours.

Its interesting that genuine ones are circa £55 from trusted UK sellers but identical ones from Chinese sellers on ebay are £10-15. Are we feeling lucky?

Back