4motionDSG 204hp severe body resonance on acceleration!HELP!

Miguel Nian

Hi all, I purchased a 2016 T6 marine 4motionDSG 204hp and have now noticed that the body resonates badly when accelerating, especially in 5th, 6th and 7th gears, have you come across this? What part of the car could it most likely be having problems with? Thanks!

is it at a certain speed range?

id look at wheel balance, and mud on wheels, (especially the rears if the vibration is coming through the body and not the steering wheel)

engine and gearbox mountings,

and centre prop shaft mount - (i had this come loose on mine once after VW worked on the van)

Last edited:

id look at wheel balance, and mud on wheels, (especially the rears if the vibration is coming through the body and not the steering wheel)

and centre prop shaft mount - (i had this come loose on mine once after VW worked on the van)

Funnily enough my centre prop shaft mount came very loose after VW did my DMF. One of the bolts fell out, the other was half out. The guy at Cosmic spotted it when doing my heater.
Shocking!

Are the tyres the same rolling circumference, front to rear?

By all accounts different size tyre dthis can cause havoc with 4motion as the wheels turn at different rates.

Thank you, wheel balance is fine, body resonance occurs during upshift acceleration, around 1500-1700 rpm, the vibration disappears when it reaches normal rpm, it occurs very frequently, especially when driving in the city, and relatively less on the highway due to constant speed driving

So it's rpm related and not speed related?

Yes, it is true. Body resonance occurs during acceleration, especially in 5/6/7 gears. It seems that the engine power is not enough, but there is no problem with the engine.

Have you by any chance driven other comparable T6’s? The stock DSG program is optimized for fuel efficiency and shifts up really really early, thus making even 204 struggle a bit. It feels like juddering and pushing the throttle just makes the van vibrate even more (before picking on) as there’s not enough torque to accelerate.

Thank you for your opinion. I have 35 years of driving experience and it is indeed my first time to drive a T6. However, the resonance of this car is indeed very serious and it is basically unable to drive normally in the city. There should be a problem with a certain component. A technician suspected that the fluid There is something wrong with the force converter. I am going to make an appointment to go to Volkswagen for inspection!

There is no torque converter in DSG boxes if that’s what you meant? Double clutch instead. Anyway, I guess an inspection is the way to go, indeed sounds like a proper fault.

Thank you very much, are you referring to the drive shaft center bearing? I highly doubt this problem too, I will check it out!

Thank you very much, are you referring to the drive shaft center bearing? I highly doubt this problem too, I will check it out!

Is it holding higher gear also when driving that’s the symptoms I had
When accelerating in the 5th, 6th, and 7th gears, vibration appears between about 1500 rpm and 1700 rpm. If you continue to push the accelerator, the vibration disappears after the engine speed increases. Therefore, during driving, the engine speed must be higher than 1700 rpm. , otherwise the vibration will appear again, so driving in the city will be very painful!

I had a rwd car where the centre prop shaft bearing had excess play and it manifested itself badly in a certain rev range. From what I’ve seen online that centre support is prone to failure and there is even an updated third party replacement.

Back