4motion And Alloys Question

craigblues

T6 Pro
Hi All,

I’m led to believe that you need certain alloys for a T32 4motion Highline, is this correct?

Is it just a case of having the appropriate payload rating on the alloy? Or is there something specific?

I’ll prob keep the standard alloys for now but would like to change, tempted by lowering but I will actually be using the van in a field here and there for work, so unsure lowering will be a wise.

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

I’m led to believe that you need certain alloys for a T32 4motion Highline, is this correct?

Is it just a case of having the appropriate payload rating on the alloy? Or is there something specific?

I’ll prob keep the standard alloys for now but would like to change, tempted by lowering but I will actually be using the van in a field here and there for work, so unsure lowering will be a wise.

Thanks in advance!
All you have to do is find alloys you like at 860kg per wheel 4motion t32 is no difference to a 2wd t32

Oli is correct you cannot get a 275 35 20 with 103 load rating so I've had svtech downrate the axles slightly ( paper exercise so that I can fit 102 load rated 35s
The 35s are a very nice ride not much different to the 275 40 I had on last wheels

Cheers Oli ... that's the size I've got on now and the size I have just ordered the replacements in

You will get slight catching on inner front plastic arch on full lock , oil has said to get a heat gun on it to form it

@andythom188 .... I think that's needed running the full B14 set-up with 275/40/20 though. I run Cobra's, so ride is very slightly higher and so this set-up has been totally rub free for me. I'm just upgrading to a serious set of summer tyres rather than changing my set-up

Last edited:
Come on @andythom188, let’s have a full write up of the SV Tech process, so others that have the T32 but don’t need it for its load carrying capacity, can look to get better wheel and tyre packages.

@andythom188 .... I think that's needed running the full B14 set-up with 275/40/20 though. I run Cobra's, so ride is very slightly higher and so this set-up has been totally rub free for me. I'm just upgrading to a serious set of summer tyres rather than changing my set-up
I run on 50mm eibach and on 275 40 20 had catching on inner arch on full lock nothing on the 35s looking to go lower myself but limited to what I can have due to 4motion

I have tried loads of tyre and wheel combos. One thing to be aware of when you get a slight rubbing on the inner arch on full lock this is exaggerated lots more when you are on full lock with the suspension compressed. I do a fair amount of off road work and it was quite surprising how suspension travel effects things. The suspension doesn't travel straight up and straight down. It almost travels in an arc.

Back