StudleyGlass

150 DSG Kombi/Caravelle/Air-ride
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Had a wander round the stock vans at the vw van center when i called in the other day, it was the first time i noticed the bigger brakes on the 180/204. looks like 4 pots with big discs filling the rims.
is it just the 180/140 have these as my loner 140 dont ?

It's just the t32 chassis that has big brake twin pot calipers unless you have the 17" chassis option.

I didn't go for that option as its £900 pass you have to have 17" wheels.

I have gone for the 2012 Audi rs3 4 pot brake calipers with 340mm discs and vagbremtechnic brackets. Much cheaper overall.

There is not much more than a fag papers width between the calliper and the 17" wheels, could be easy to get a stone wedged in between.

I thought it may just be the 180-204 with the big brake kits, may be it's an option on the others then , I did not see it thow .
My loner 140 4 motion don't have them anyway.

There is not much more than a fag papers width between the calliper and the 17" wheels, could be easy to get a stone wedged in between.
When I stuck some 25mm spacers on, the gap became much more comfortable in terms foreign objects wedging in.;)

Reactions: Loz
My T32 140 Kombi doesn't have the big brakes, but my mates new T32 150 Kombi does. He didn't ask for them,I didn't know I had to ask for them, neither does the sales man at VW. What gives?

My T32 140 Kombi doesn't have the big brakes, but my mates new T32 150 Kombi does. He didn't ask for them,I didn't know I had to ask for them, neither does the sales man at VW. What gives?

i was surprised to see the big brakes on my 150 when i collected, as the 140 i had did not have them. It also has the cruise control on the steering wheel which is much better. Rep told me it was an upgrade on all euro 6 models.

Anyone noticed how motorhomes always have tiny wheels and brakes? Surely they need a load of stopping power with all that weight?!

CustomVanz are retrofitting OEM big brakes for £600 supply and fit or £500 supply only.

Back