31130 fault code

I don’t think it wii be nox sensor,I went through all this shit,new egr fixed mine after lots of messing about
Mine too, although it never went to VW, I just instructed the garage to fit a new EGR and cooler.

Last edited:
Local garage is absolutely certain it's the NOx sensor that's failed. They say it's a fault they've seen lots of times before and that the replacement part is different to the original (which is a sign that VW recognised the original was not up to the job). They say that when people get the fault code recurring after the repair it's usually because they haven't updated the software to recognise the different parameters of the new sensor.
Meanwhile CamperKing are saying they don't want to authorise any work by my local dealer and would rather drive all the way down to Cornwall, lend me a different van for a week, take mine back to Banbury, repair it in their own workshop, then drive back to Cornwall again to swap them over when the work is done! Surely by the time they've paid a driver and diesel for two 400 mile round-trips they'd be better just coughing up for the local garage to do the repair?!

OK, so I just bought a 2017 (147bhp) campervan last month with 55k miles on the clock.
One week later, AdBlue warning comes on, telling me to refill within next 650 miles. I make a note to do it next time I'm refilling diesel.
A few days later, Engine Management Light comes on (amber).
I have now added 10 liters of AdBlue and the warnings for that have disappeared, but the EML is still showing.
I've driven another 300 miles whilst waiting for my appointment at the garage, but the light is still on.
Garage now diagnose:

2 fault codes stored -
31103 - SCR NOx Catalyst Bank 1
P20EE 00 [039] - Efficiency too Low
and
33262 - Reductant System Performance Bank 1
P204F 00 [096] - Malfunction

Garage now advises:
Replacing the Nox sensor (£600) and topping up the Adblue followed by a software update (£60), Nox adaption and Ad-blue level reset.

Is it possible that the sensor is fine but the software is at fault? In which case the software update may make the sensor replacement unnecessary?
The faults do NOT indicate NOx sensor fault. Can you tell what software you have now - it would have been a few lines above the fault codes in the printout.

Some more:

Last edited:
Hi I just got these 2 faults come up with Carista , are they the same as what you guys have been getting and what would be the best way to get it resolved? D63518EA-BA5D-4EA8-A4CD-6430E8CD2433.jpeg

Yes, the update will be done at VW and you should also receive a voucher for 10x adblue refills.....your consumption should go up.

Had those, a software update sorted them
Hi i just called my local VW in bristol they quoted me £144 per update and said there are 10 to do.... like this is crazy, Audi do them for free and can't possibly see how they can say its going to take 10hrs..

Anyone else got updates done? some advice would be great

Thanks

Daniel

If its an update to correct a fault then pretty sure it's free......are you getting an EML and getting this code ?

If its an update to correct a fault then pretty sure it's free......are you getting an EML and getting this code ?
They stated there is no recalls on the van so no updates needed. If i wanted to scan then its £140, then for every update £144 as they take an hour
tell you total rip agents.. never going to use the bristol VW garage. Luckily spoke to the place i got the van and stated they will update everything for 120 all in. so all good

Back