31130 fault code

My van has been re mapped, so they will have to take the re map off, then check what update is on the van, then re install the map. They have said that it will be around £120. They have said though that they “will work something out” due to the previous work carried out, which in reality, I didn’t require.it’s good though to have a update number from vw, I will show the guy at the garage to se if he recognises the update code?

currently on a live chat with vw. they say a software update is not part of a full service, disappointing that. would an update to 6166 software fix this?

An update isn't really part of a service though, is it?
Its an extra item, outside of service criteria. So chargeable really!

I would expect when paying a main dealer full service cost that it would be updated, other manufacturers do.

Lol not really ideally the vehicle needs to be on level ground and hooked up to battery support to do any updates, this is across manufacturers Volvo for example can take over an hour to update and you don’t want any disturbances to power or internet when it’s doing it either

Seeing as we're talking main dealer I'd like to think it was slightly better than tin pot, only just mind.

So it couldn't be doing updates whilst the oil was draining for example.
Lol not really ideally the vehicle needs to be on level ground and hooked up to battery support to do any updates, this is across manufacturers Volvo for example can take over an hour to update and you don’t want any disturbances to power or internet when it’s doing it either

Not really, realistically.
As said above, needs to be kept an eye on with a battery charger connected.

You seem like the type of customer that would never be happy, regardless of what the outcome may be. :)

Perhaps you should start a business doing software updates cause looks like the dealers are doing it all wrong in your opinion

Ok, that’s your opinion. Which your obviously entitled to.
Like I say, typical transporter customer.

Hardly, its not my van and I don't care about it particularly but when other manufacturers can manage it as part of a service there's little reason for vw not to.

Perhaps you should start a business doing software updates cause looks like the dealers are doing it all wrong in your opinion

Well, there's doing it wrong and not doing it at all.

I picked the van up this evening. Everything was fine. 2nd service went ok, needs servicing every 2 years. ( I will from now on get it serviced every year I think)
Re the update. They have now installed the latest VW adblue update, so fingers & everything else crossed, this should cure the eml. I will let you know if it comes back on!
I queried the original diagnosis which was to replace the NOx sensor. They said that with the info their equipment was giving them, that was the problem & any garage faced with the same situation would have taken the same course of action. Anyway, they charged me £60 for the update, normally £120 & if it does resolve the issue, that will be great.
He also said that the part number for the NOx sensor had changed a few times, which "might"suggest that VW realised that there was a problem with it, & then issued the update, who knows!!
Here's hoping this is my last post on this issue.

OK, so I just bought a 2017 (147bhp) campervan last month with 55k miles on the clock.
One week later, AdBlue warning comes on, telling me to refill within next 650 miles. I make a note to do it next time I'm refilling diesel.
A few days later, Engine Management Light comes on (amber).
I have now added 10 liters of AdBlue and the warnings for that have disappeared, but the EML is still showing.
I've driven another 300 miles whilst waiting for my appointment at the garage, but the light is still on.
Garage now diagnose:

2 fault codes stored -
31103 - SCR NOx Catalyst Bank 1
P20EE 00 [039] - Efficiency too Low
and
33262 - Reductant System Performance Bank 1
P204F 00 [096] - Malfunction

Garage now advises:
Replacing the Nox sensor (£600) and topping up the Adblue followed by a software update (£60), Nox adaption and Ad-blue level reset.

Is it possible that the sensor is fine but the software is at fault? In which case the software update may make the sensor replacement unnecessary?

Yes, exactly. Get the latest software update installed.....there is a thread somewhere with the number of the updated software, begins with a 6 I think.

I would start by telling the seller about it and see what they want you to do. It would be good if it’s just a software update needed but if it’s more than that then you should be knocking on their door to sort it out or be prepared to give the van back to them.

If you’ve already started trying to fix it they may claim it’s now your problem to fix as the van is no longer in the condition which they sold it to you.

I would start by telling the seller about it and see what they want you to do. It would be good if it’s just a software update needed but if it’s more than that then you should be knocking on their door to sort it out or be prepared to give the van back to them.

If you’ve already started trying to fix it they may claim it’s now your problem to fix as the van is no longer in the condition which they sold it to you.
That's the way I'm leaning. My local garage has just done the diagnostic and provided a written quote for the work. They've not actually touched anything yet.
If the software update sorts it, there's no need for anyone (me or the seller) to waste money on a new sensor. But if the problem recurs in a few months time, I don't want the seller to claim it was all fine when he sold it to me.

I don’t think it wii be nox sensor,I went through all this shit,new egr fixed mine after lots of messing about

Back