2nd Service In 11 Months?

Lighty

T6 Pro
I bought my 2016 T6 in April last year with 4k miles on the clock and it needed a service which I had done at my local VW dealer. It's now ~ 11 months later, has done 11k miles in total and is showing "service required in 20 days." Just seems a bit 'often' when compared to my recent cars. Thoughts?

I bought my 2016 T6 in April last year with 4k miles on the clock and it needed a service which I had done at my local VW dealer. It's now ~ 11 months later, has done 11k miles in total and is showing "service required in 20 days." Just seems a bit 'often' when compared to my recent cars. Thoughts?

Do you have a service plan?
It seems the main dealer can set the schedule at 10k or 20k depending on if you have a service plan. Mine was every 10k on a free service plan, my sales guy threw into the deal. Its just flashed up service due in 2000 miles, making that the 4th service.

I’m the second owner and a service plan wasn’t mentioned when I bought the van from the converter so I’m assuming not

I’m the second owner and a service plan wasn’t mentioned when I bought the van from the converter so I’m assuming not

Either the scheduling is set at every 10k, or it wasn't reset after the first service, or you drive it like you stole it :thumbsup:

I think it's quite logical. Oil service interval (in the van's ECU) is minimum 12500 miles (20000km), maximum 25000 miles (40000km). What the van actually achieves depends how it is driven. To me it looks like the van is predicting based on miles in the (near) past that the 12500 miles will fulfill in about 20 days.
Some ECU internal counters were discussed earlier --> First Oil Change?
However there are some indications that the minimum has been set (by resetting service counter) even to a lower value of 9400 miles (15000km).
So all the above assuming it's an oil service the van is asking - not the inspection...

Back