204 Engine Fuel rail sensor anyone know

New GEN6 Owner

Returning Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

I have a Gen 6 204 (the wife does) and I'm considering adding a Tunit performance box to it. They claim an increase to 260 bhp...

I have one that has been on my 530d its an advance model so it auto configures to the vehicle its added to and its been on the beemer since new but feel it would be better on the velle, I went outside full of confidence to add it and see what happens and whoa how many sensors etc.... I was flummoxed and I didn't want to unplug the wrong thing.

Can anyone point me in the right direct as to which sensor plug is at the end of the fuel rail???

A pic would be great but an idiots guide in words would help.

Many Thanks in advance

With the BM I have simply removed it before going in for anything, its not just about power there was also a gain on the fuel economy, back to back testing showed around 15% gain.

The methodology is not around the kit actually saving fuel its because with more grunt you can use less power to keep the same momentum

260 is an ambitious claim, to my knowledge 230 is about the remap limit for a T6 due a restriction in pipework somewhere (manifold or turbo cant remember)
The fuel improvement is also often misleading, the units that plug into the fuel rail trick the engine into thinking the fuel rail pressure is lower than it actually is causing the ECU to leave the injector open slightly longer allowing more fuel in this then means the vehicle is using more fuel than it actually thinks so the dash mpg reading is basically a lie, if you do fit it dont go by the display measure it from tank to tank vs amount of fuel put in and you can calculate your actual economy

Dear god don't do it. That's such a crude way to give more power. Get a proper custom remap and not a sensor manipulation module.
235PS and 360lbft of torque our of the 204.

I had older tunit units on a T5 Vel 174; Fiat Ducato 130: Nissan Navara 190 ; Volvo XC90 200, and they all caused problems and fault codes/smells of over fuelling/road side breakdowns . I appreciate you have got on well with yours on a BMW, and that there is an improved box out now, but it is very crude technology on a very complicated engine. Just my thoughts:confused::)

All that box does is frig the sensor values a trick the ecu into adding more fuel...

Edit. Forgot to press send earlier, I see Pauly said the same thing.. Personally I wouldn't do it either.

Hi all

Thanks for your advice and concerns, this box is off the BM now and sat on shelf and I know curiosity will get the better of me so if anyone can point me in the direction I would be grateful

Thanks

Yeah I did something similar with a tuning box and a brand new Honda Accord (company car).

Thought it was fine, test drove ok, next day on way to work so I give it full throttle, engine cuts out, engine management light comes on, stranded!

After an hour I managed to get it to limp home mode drive it to work left it in the car park sweating on how I'm going to explain it away.

Next day it was fine, reset itself, box came off and went in the bin, never again!

Back