Caravelle conversion: new flooring?

C12jwalls

Not sure if it's been covered before,

But eh ho here we go.

Converted my panel van single slider door to take caravelle rails double etc.

Now the temp floor is from a caravelle so it don't fully fit etc.

I would like a new floor to cover the whole van. How and what has anyone else has done to solve this issue.

I was told by a couple of people that a single piece ply floor wouldn't fit due to the thickness of the original floor and that the one piece is suited to fit on the vans floor and not too high like the caravelle flooring.

I would like if anyone has any suggestions and photos so I can get some ideas. thanks in advance

We’re in the process of fitting ours. Bought some 9mm ply and added to the original flooring then placed new carpet. View attachment 161397

View attachment 161398

View attachment 161399
Yes exactly what I'm thinking of doing now. I've in touch with a few company's who suppose to supply one piece ply floor. But it seems that they can't be arsed to sort me one out. So I'm thinking of doing the same job as yours. What carpet did you use? Cheers chris

Many thanks for that.

Your flooring looks ace. How you going about the side step. Are getting the caravelle step as there higher

Cheers

I'm looking to get a floor for my swb T6.1 single side door I have called a few converters with no luck I have had the caravelle 4 rails fitted. Any help with this would be amazing

I'm looking to get a floor for my swb T6.1 single side door I have called a few converters with no luck I have had the caravelle 4 rails fitted. Any help with this would be amazing
Have you tried Oxford T5 or Kernow Transporters? If they don’t stock, they may be able to tell you who/where…

In the meantime I’ve moved your post here so you can chat with others about theirs, above

I have one but it’s for a twin slider.

Sidestep help needed! I have a 2016 T6 Kombi, I'm having The Ply Guys install their flooring, bed seat, and kitchen units to our van next month. The flooring is fitted on top of the Kombi floor to give additional insulation and sound deadening. The floor is 12mm hexa ply. I figured I'd need an extra deep side step and saw that Van-X and Vanstyle offer them. I ordered the V2 bundle from Van-X with the 17mm extra depth side step to discover it is the same depth as my Kombi step, apparently, it's only extra depth compared to a standard panel van!
Has anyone fitted a side step that fits over a Kombi rubber floor and the extra depth of a 12mm floor board? Does a Caravelle step work? Do I need to rob a bank to pay for a Caravelle step if that is what I need?
Thanks, a somewhat perplexed Dave:confused:

Sidestep help needed! I have a 2016 T6 Kombi, I'm having The Ply Guys install their flooring, bed seat, and kitchen units to our van next month. The flooring is fitted on top of the Kombi floor to give additional insulation and sound deadening. The floor is 12mm hexa ply. I figured I'd need an extra deep side step and saw that Van-X and Vanstyle offer them. I ordered the V2 bundle from Van-X with the 17mm extra depth side step to discover it is the same depth as my Kombi step, apparently, it's only extra depth compared to a standard panel van!
Has anyone fitted a side step that fits over a Kombi rubber floor and the extra depth of a 12mm floor board? Does a Caravelle step work? Do I need to rob a bank to pay for a Caravelle step if that is what I need?
Thanks, a somewhat perplexed Dave:confused:
Yes.

Back