204 2017/67

d8smt

Hi everyone,

Advice please!

Looking at a van to buy privately, seems in really good condition, less than 50k miles, Dec 2017, 204 biturbo manual 4Motion.

I haven't seen the van yet but have spoken to the owner at length.Looking at the history, it failed one MOT 18 months ago with the "Engine mil inoperative or indicates a malfunction. Mil illuminated" at 35K miles. Van had been regularly serviced.

Owner says this happens occasionally and thinks it may be the DPF regen.. For the MOT, this rectified itself.

So, thoughts please? Anything I should be worried at/looking for before buying (or indeed avoiding?) given all the threads with the biturbo/EGR failures ? Any pointers?

Cheers, Dave

Would be worth taking someone with you that has VCDS and scan it. It might give you a better picture of what was going on.
Other than that it’s service history and the luck of the gods I guess with the 204 as I’m guessing you won’t be able to get an oil analysis done before you buy it. Maybe speak to the owner and ask if he is ok with you getting an oil analysis done before you purchase it.
I have a 2017 204 biturbo 4 mo that is just hitting 128k and uses virtually no oil.

Reactions: DXX
Oil analysis, takes a few days to get the results and you’ll need to trust the vendors info’ for the correct data entry.

Back