2018my Shuttle Se Tailgate Trim

gbm

We took delivery of our new Shuttle SE last week and I'm currently in the process of installing a front/rear dash cam. I've managed the front install without much hassle, wiring it directly to the fuse box. I now need to wire in the rear camera and this is where I'm a bit stuck...

I'm obviously being quite cautious with removing the trim, given that it's only a few days old and I can't quite figure out how to remove the tailgate plastic trim, so that I can feed the link cable in from the rubber grommet at the top left.

The videos I've seen all show a tailgate with screws going around the edge of the trim. My one has no screws other than the two that are holding the pull strap in place.

Any ideas?

Graham

Remove the handle. The light grey trim around the glass is clipped in place, they are metal clips and quite tight. With a trim tool prise the plastic away from the door starting at the bottom of one of the sides. There are 3 clips along each side and 4 across the top. The lowest cover has plastic clips all around the outside. Start from a bottom corner, this will come off easier than the top trim.

Thanks @Deaky - I take it I need to pop the little tailgate release switch out of the trim first too?

Any thoughts on whether it's better to mount the camera at the top of the tailgate vs. lower down, say just above the washer? If lower down I only need to take the bottom plastic cover off, which might make my life easier...

I don’t think it matters really but if you are taking the cable through the door bellows you’ll have to remove the lower panel to fish the cable through.

Yeah, I'm probably going to take it through that rubber grommet/tube thing (is that the bellows?) and down into the tailgate. At least that way I won't have any of the link cable showing.

Thanks for the tips :thumbsup:

Back