Sold 2016 Kombi Highline DSG £31500. NO VAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely van with good spec but perhaps a little high in price? Good luck anyway

Lovely van with good spec but perhaps a little high in price? Good luck anyway
Thanks buddy. Although I’m in no hurry to sell I have made it clear I’ll listen to sensible offers. Come and have a look at it. Regards David.

@Bronco, you seem to be conducting a reverse auction here. Whilst not the worst tactic, you might consider setting a back-stop date, by which point you I'll sell to WBAV, Motorway, or similar. If not, interested parties may just hold-back waiting for you to reduce further and further. Just my two-penn'th - feel free to ignore.

no just dropping the price to generate interest. I’ve got a back stop and this van won’t be available for sale on here in a few days. So it’s really just trying it for the last few days. But thanks for the advice. ( I didn’t know there was a name for dropping the price? )

Dutch auction.
I thought that, but when I googled Dutch Auction (just before posting the above) it came up with some form of "sealed bids" description. Mind you, that might have been Wikipedia, which is never reliable as a primary source.

Everydays a school day. Is there something wrong in what I’m doing? To be fair I’m a bit stumped why it hasn’t sold. It’s thousands cheaper than any equivalents in Autotrader. Rare colour rare ish spec low miles and FSH . Maybe the time of year. ??

Perhaps it's a consequence of the "cost of living bomb" that the media have been banging on about for the last few weeks. Some people panic buy, others pull down the shutters on spending.

Also on here, you are advertising it in a place where everyone already has a van.

Everydays a school day. Is there something wrong in what I’m doing? To be fair I’m a bit stumped why it hasn’t sold. It’s thousands cheaper than any equivalents in Autotrader. Rare colour rare ish spec low miles and FSH . Maybe the time of year. ??
I don't think so. I'm lurking around your post because I've been doing the same thing with my van. I assume everything has a price but there's no point advertising it on or near the px price as people do like to haggle, well, they did but maybe I'm getting old! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back