2015 Shuttle Bus Trim Removal

WillDaBeast

Hi there,

recently purchased a vw shuttle, and I’m looking to convert it myself. Being a newbie, I’m having trouble figuring out hit to remove the plastic panels. I have pry tool set at hand. But don’t want to wrench on something and snap the clips . Any help and advise is appreciated TIA

Stop being a woss and give it a yank. Make sure any seat belt points are removed. The rear panels and sliding door panels are only held in with clips minus the seat belt points. You may have load strap points on the rear panels, these need to be unscrewed. If you have 12v sockets remember to unplug them when you have the panel loose.

Hi there,

recently purchased a vw shuttle, and I’m looking to convert it myself. Being a newbie, I’m having trouble figuring out hit to remove the plastic panels. I have pry tool set at hand. But don’t want to wrench on something and snap the clips . Any help and advise is appreciated TIA
@bullracing (cc you in to advise pls) How did you get on mate removing... I have a similar decision removing the Black panels e.g. see photo attached. Did they come out ok? What did you use to line, Insulate and soundproof it ? Thanks again,no jargon please. Thanks Paul.

20210107_141038.jpg

I made a ply panel to cover the curtain rails and then carpetted it. I sound deadened then put the Dacron in to insulate. I fitted a rock and roll bed so needed it fairly tight against the side.
The seat belt needs to come off, take the top window section off first. There might be something else but it was so long ago. I do know there is a lot of of the popper fixings so you just have to be brutal and give it a yank here and there.

I made a ply panel to cover the curtain rails and then carpetted it. I sound deadened then put the Dacron in to insulate. I fitted a rock and roll bed so needed it fairly tight against the side.
The seat belt needs to come off, take the top window section off first. There might be something else but it was so long ago. I do know there is a lot of of the popper fixings so you just have to be brutal and give it a yank here and there.
Many thanks @bullracing for coming back with all the info. I am am getting a quote from the Company who are supplying the RnR bed to do it for me etc., but have a feeling I will end up doing it myself - watch this space!
Btw did you install curtains or Blackout Blinds (which fit inside the windows)? If Blinds who did you use?
Thanks again. Paul.

Back