Removing drivers side interior step?

Curryzz

T6 Pro
Hi,

Im sure plenty of you have done it.

Any advice on removing the drivers side interior step? I’m just replacing it as it’s abit worn and doesn’t look very nice.

Iv got trim removal tools so is it just a case of removing the door seal out the way & then pop out the trim or is it more long winded?

Thought I’d ask as it mite help so I don’t snap anything.

Cheers Paul

Hi,

Im sure plenty of you have done it.

Any advice on removing the drivers side interior step? I’m just replacing it as it’s abit worn and doesn’t look very nice.

Iv got trim removal tools so is it just a case of removing the door seal out the way & then pop out the trim or is it more long winded?

Thought I’d ask as it mite help so I don’t snap anything.

Cheers Paul
You might be better removing the B pillar trim, more to make it easier to get the new step back on. I sometimes dont bother. But as for the step just pull it upwards, no need to do anything with the seal.

Thank you.

I will look at the B-Pillar trim, good advice.
You might be better removing the B pillar trim, more to make it easier to get the new step back on. I sometimes dont bother. But as for the step just pull it upwards, no need to do anything with the seal.

Thanks

Thank you.

I will look at the B-Pillar trim, good advice.

Thanks
You need to remove it, you won’t be able to remove the step otherwise it hooks underneath

I popped the very bottom edge of the B pillar trim off and removed the step.

Yes. I would take the B pillar trims off. Its a bit more time consuming, but makes the job easier to do. Also less likely to damage any trim.

Back