1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 + 1 seat swap

Discussion in 'Interiors, Seating, Lining' started by Fish, 22 Dec 2016.

1. VWVC

VWVC VW Van Conversions Ltd, Tel 07799 626310 Trade Member

Map
    Hi,
    Yes 4 more brackets at £25 each if used ones in stock. Around £45 each new.
    Chassis brackets are £50 for all.
    Labour £300.
    Seats £925 in Pandu cloth.
    Px your seats at £650.
    Takes approx 5 hours all genuine parts used and fitting certificate provided.

Fish and T6 Dave like this.
  2. Montecha

Montecha Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

For a Bench to 3 individual, is that 8 brackets? Do the existing fixings also need to be moved?

3. Keeff

Keeff Member T6 Pro

Map
    Could I ask if it is possible to fit a extra row in the back of my Kombi . It would be only use a few times a year so any seat colour would be OK. What combination would be best ? One three seater would be OK with me if that is the cheapest .
    Thanks
    Keith

4. DaveyB

DaveyB Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    @Keeff, yep it is totally doable. Met up with @ZipcodeUK this morning, and this is what he's had done. He had it done by @VWVC . Drop Zipcode a message and he'll no doubt do you a picture. Absolutely cracking job IMO. Seriously considering swapping my 3bench for either a 2+1 or 3x1 to give me max flexibility with the kid's boats in the back.

ZipcodeUK and Fish like this.
  5. ZipcodeUK

ZipcodeUK Senior Member T6 Pro

Map
    As Dave says, I've got a 3 seat bench installed and I'm massively happy with the setup!!!
    The guys over at @VWVC did a fantastic job!

IMG_5601.JPG IMG_5602.JPG IMG_5600.JPG

DaveyB and Fish like this.
  6. Markey

Markey Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Great job that...really looks a factory fit... :thumbsup:

Fish likes this.
  7. Keeff

Keeff Member T6 Pro

Map
    That's just what I need will look into getting done for the summer . Did you need to tell DVLA and insurance company .

8. Fish

Fish Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Check V5 see how many seats are listed.. maybe 5 or 6..
    If you have the same amount after then no need to inform.. as far as Im aware.. but please check

9. ZipcodeUK

Map
    I need to inform DVLA of the new seat capacity.
    My insurance has already been informed.

10. DaveBos

DaveBos Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    My insurance company for the T5 wouldn't ensure the T6 because it had 6 seats!!!

11. ZipcodeUK

Map
    @Keeff , I went out today in the 'bus'. 4 Adults, 4 young kids all in ISOFix seats... the kids loved it, the adults were comfy for the full journey and I'm really pleased with the experience. Coming home, I had 6 sleeping humans in the back so I assume they all felt comfy enough to fall asleep! I'm happy with that!

Fish and CaliStu like this.